The Official Pyra Handheld Community Video Thread

I just made the Scummvm video, works quite good although I ditnt used OpenGL but I would assume whit 2 x 1,3 ghz you don’t need OpenGL just for Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle ^^
Loving the public health message at the end: don’t buy cigarettes, buy a Pyra <3 xD

Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle are both games that rely on purely bitmapped graphics, so I don't think opengl would assist at all in these cases. Maybe emulating Grim Fandango or Full Throttle would gain more from opengl-es emulation though, as well as some of the more exotic later games that scummvm supports these days, but I'm less interested in playing those games personally.

Last edited:
At least it works also whit some of the not special ported games, although a DBP whit GLES build in and proper mapping would be cool …

i ditnt said you shouldn’t smoke, I think you misheard it, I meant that you shouldn’t wear a smoking,

like on of our canceler candidates said to children who dit interviewed him: Smoking is only dangerous if you smoke over the lungs ^^ (Armin Laschet CDU)

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
You can still get mouth or throat cancer from smoking cigars you know.

FWIW, as far as I know 'smoking' is an adjective not something you can wear, even if you shouldn't. You could be advised not to wear a smoking jacket, but not just a smoking.

I thought „Smoking „ stands for the suit too, at least in Germany..
„You wear a Smoking and smokes cigarettes „ it’s also quite unhealthy and costs to much money you would rather spend on a Pyra ….
I know even if you don’t smoke on Lungs, it’s worse for your health, but this Quote was from Armin Laschet, not from me ..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

I thought „Smoking „ stands for the suit too, at least in Germany..
No, not in English. A smoking jacket isn't really a suit either, it's in my recollection at least a kind of dressing gown arrangement. But as such it is kind of like the jacket of a suit just longer, lighter, less reinforced and double breasted.

As i have 2 Weeks Vacations from next week on, i would like to make a bit more Videos, not that many that the whole 2 Weeks are gone as far as i made the last video, but i could make a few Videos more than usual..
So what should i show i ditnt had in a previous video? Please Note its should be something i allready have, i could make whit my experience, and something i can speak about whit my not that good english..
I will not screw open my Pyra, as i have bad experience make this whit the Pandora

As i have 2 Weeks Vacations from next week on, i would like to make a bit more Videos, not that many that the whole 2 Weeks are gone as far as i made the last video, but i could make a few Videos more than usual..
So what should i show i ditnt had in a previous video? Please Note its should be something i allready have, i could make whit my experience, and something i can speak about whit my not that good english..
I will not screw open my Pyra, as i have bad experience make this whit the Pandora
Jami, Jitsi, Gajim, JMP.chat, or Fractal ( + Bridges)
?

EDIT: To add RTL-SDR

Last edited:
If i dont know what these words mean, its nothing i can do..
A bit from my Background: I had mostly Word and Exel (or Libre Office) in my Trainee, a bit Powerpoint, im Office Worker, but whit 1 Year Trainee as Baker.., no Experience whit Coding, just Pandora and Ubuntu Experience i know how to use the Pyra whitout the danger that its explodes..

So what should i show i ditnt had in a previous video?
Is there anything on customisation you can do? For example, customising the colour of the logo or power LEDs (ideally for notifications), the brightness of the keyboard, etc.

Review of any peripherals that work well with it might be good too (e.g. carry case, protective screen cover, usb adapter, etc).

Also, I forget, can you hotswap installed DPD(?) apps when you plug/unplug SD cards with?

Keyboard and Screenbrightness is just a Button Combination, Periphiral could i try to show what works, allthough i only have some standart stuff, (Keyboard, Mouse, HDD Drive, 3,5 ° Disquette, XBOX 360 PC Controller, a DVBT Stick allthough i think DVBT is allready Shut Down in Germany.. , and a OLD ALDI Scanner i could try to connect..)..

Seems like I miss a video this weekend,
Don’t worry, it’s still in my plan, but as I have now vaccination, I think I will make it this week..
i just have to see where to make it: the scanner is quite big so it will not fit that good on my desk..
the other stuff is not that big …

And I want to make a Switch Oled Video end of the week, but as it’s Nintendo Content in German

How about a Video Tutorial for dummies?
How to charge, which button makes what, a bit how to use the os .. ? , Upgrade

I know most of the members on this boards might know they’re basics and the Pyra works like a normal Notebook, at least most of the time , but it would be maybe a good idea

Yeah, I'm not sure that the 'for dummies' label is really appreciated in places like this. I know that me, myself doesn't identify with the role of the dummy, but maybe I just treat identifying anything I don't know as a reason to go and find out how, and bypass the entire dummy stage entirely.

Yeah, I'm not sure that the 'for dummies' label is really appreciated in places like this
His videos are on YouTube, and not everyone who may be interested in the Pyra may necessarily be a ninja with Linux or familiar with ultra-portables.

I'll be a dummy with the Pyra too, at the beginning.

Well let’s say beginners, I mean someone who lived behind the oven for 30 years and never touched a Computer might not be the main audience for the Pyra..
Most of Pyra Buyers had at least a normal computer, I wouldn’t recommend it per example my mom wo only know how to phone on a smartphone or how to read the daylie Newspaper on the Tablet…
Maybe this Video Idea dosnt make that much sense if I think about it ..
Although some basics for new owners might work..

Back