The Official Pyra Handheld Community Video Thread

The Problem is that my handwriting is much worse than my englisch, so it could be that i cant read my Script...
You could type and print it, but at some point it just becomes too much work.
I mean a commercial spot must surely be scripted and thoroughly thought out, but spontaneus videos are also ok.
The image was clear and the audio slightly less, but quite good once I turned the volume up a bit.

But i try to think about my topics first, and look how pyra relatet therms are said in englisch ^^

What are the thougs so far about my Video?
It was good. I was somehow expecting Saarländisch German to be weirder, but it sounded quite normal German to my amateur ears (German has so many dialects, that few may sound strange, variety is normal, I don't know, I'm not sure which dialects have I already heard).

Well, there are exemples of much worse dialects use in Saarland, some where quite satire, like „Der Saarländische HeMan „ (bei der Macht von Glees Karl, ich hann uf da grub geschafft) , this is a Video on YouTube..
Also some parts of this small country between French and Luxemburg are much more dialect, and some are less

As I have some customers in my Beeceeper Supply shop which aren’t from here, I trained me a much more understandable Saarländisch Dialekt.. , also it’s now a bit more easy to speak clear German ^^

About the Battery: I charged the 3 pairs of them about 2 Weeks ago because I made the Testrun whit the Stopwatch to see how long it’s last,
Maybe some of them got power drain over the weeks, but only one pair was in the GBA..

Therefore I’m looking forward for the new 850 mah Battery that comes whit the IPS GBA SP ..

Send from something, i guess ^^

I also enjoyed the video. I can't say too much about your presenting style because I didn't go to the effort of downloading the translation, so I just listened in German and about the only words I picked up were 'GameBoy' and 'Victorinox'. I'll note that the system seems to be taking more power draw, and therefore pushing down the battery voltage in GameBoy (not Advance) mode, where to begin with at least the battery indicator remained hard red. That's curious, because in reality an ARM7 chip like in the GBA should be able to emulate everything a LR35902 does without too much trouble, especially if clocked twice as fast. But actually I think the GBA contains a Sharp LR35902 for ancillary duties in GBA mode, which perhaps can be powered down when not in use, but when playing original GB or GBC cames it has to run everyhing for those games on the LR35902, and I don't know if the system if able to power down the ARM chip.

Also, I'm disappointed that you scaled your GB gameplay, although I can forgive that for Tetris. Less so for Super Mario Land, but my hackles had backed back down by then.

Edit: Also the video came to me in 1080p or thereabouts. I'm aware that youtube doesn't serve all versions of a video when it's first uploaded, but I'm assuming the source is 1080p or something like that, so I'm not sure where you for 360p from.

Sorry for Scaling, its just that i play trough the Iphone Screen so if its in Gameboy Scale its a bit too small for me.. i think i will make this better on my next video..
As i used the actual Gameboy Cardridge im a bit confusing about the Batterie myself as it should need less power.. insteat of more..
But maybe this pear of Batteries wasnt the best anymore like i mentioned..
I have 4 pear of these Amazon Basic Rechargebles, they are all the same batch
But sems like they got diverent older
And i also found out that its now 1080 p

I could also make 4k 60 fps videos whit the XR but then the upload would last too long

Actually, on consideration inside a GBA the screen is probably only accessible to the ARM chip, and the ARM has to paint the screen. I don't think it actually has to scale the screen unless you tell it to stretch it, because the resolutions are so close at least in the vertical. I don't know about this IPS screen you've installed in yours, but if it is a different resolution that's up to the screen to handle - you can't demand the original hardware to do anything differently.

I don't care for 4k youtube videos personally; I've got nothing to play them on. But that's my problem.

No this is the GBA whit the AGS 101 Screen, not the IPS, and its put in at retrosix in UK,
The IPS will be the GBA SP that should hopefully arive next week

I dont mod myself as i dont have the scills for this...
The only task i can make on Handheld Service was to fix my Shoulderbutton Pad on the Pandora

I think i will make an English Unboxing and Short Rewiew about the GBA SP from Retrosix, when this finaly arives,
this means i have to make 1 Video more, but hopefully it will arive bevor weekend, so i only need to make one video on saturday (the German Rewiew)

On the Pyra, my plan are to make a Unboxing on the Unimog Platform , if the Weather would make this possible..
it’s a bit more Space than my Desk, and it’s something nobody else would do..
it’s too stormy today but if it’s ok next week, I think this could work out..

But I don’t want to wait for better weather, if this doesn’t work, I make the Video inside so I can use the Pyra after that..

e699b0d1a4da7ceb400e7f11ea749ef2.jpeg

Send from something, i guess ^^

Dit someone have some advice on Filming Gameplay from a Nintendo Gameboy Collor?
I know i have also a GBA SP whit IPS, but the Games i want to insert in my Video on the Weekend are just GB GBC, so it might be a bit more special this way^^
Or is it too difficult whit my Equipment, and i should just put them in my GBA?

I can only give the general advice for filming things. It's fine to check how something looks to begin with, but the only way to be sure is to test it through the viewfinder/ or playback of a test session if you can't get to the viewfinder. I still don't know if it'll really be clear enough to see what's going on on a GBC screen, but you won't know until you try.

Reactions: rSl
The last time I was using my Watch as a Viewfinder which worked quite good
I think I will make a small test session to see if I see something after the recording, and when this don’t work, I think played one Game a few seconds on the GBC, and then say that I will now change to the GBA SP for Watching Purposes

After i tryd out to execute mednafen this weekend whit GLES, which ditnt worked out, i think i have a new idea for some Videos:
- Remote Desctop, if there is a Software that works whit Windows 10 and Debian ARM HF, i wonder if i can run Rigs of Rods on my PC, and then Remote this to the Pyra, par exemple..
- Music Software, maybe there is a good Alternative to Garage Band on the IOS Devices? I would like to Connect my Guitar via IRIG Cable to the Pyra
- Maybe DVBT`? but i think first, i have to look on the actuall DVBT Situation in Germany, might be they have now a new standart and DVBT want work anymore..
If the Weather will make it possible, maybe some Videos in our Garden to show how good the Screen is actually..

Feel Free to suggest some other things to show..

What was FlightGear? Was this the "Linux Fight Simulator" ? If it need OPENGL, i could try this out later, but it might need some Button Configurations,
but i will read this thread as far as im ready for the next videos..

EDIT: OK "Linux Flight Simulator", looks cool, but i think this will need some time until it could run..
EDIT: 2 : Maybe im not the right Pyra User for FlightGear: My last real Flight Simulator was F22 from IGI maybe end of the 1990thes, and i wasnt that good,
Flying in GTA, Far Cry, etc is more "Arcade" than actuall Simulation..

I can drive Bus, LKW, etc on Game and in Real Live, but saddly, Flying isnt something i can..

Last edited:
After i tryd out to execute mednafen this weekend whit GLES, which ditnt worked out, i think i have a new idea for some Videos:
- Remote Desctop, if there is a Software that works whit Windows 10 and Debian ARM HF, i wonder if i can run Rigs of Rods on my PC, and then Remote this to the Pyra, par exemple..
- Music Software, maybe there is a good Alternative to Garage Band on the IOS Devices? I would like to Connect my Guitar via IRIG Cable to the Pyra
- Maybe DVBT`? but i think first, i have to look on the actuall DVBT Situation in Germany, might be they have now a new standart and DVBT want work anymore..
If the Weather will make it possible, maybe some Videos in our Garden to show how good the Screen is actually..

Feel Free to suggest some other things to show..
Remote Desktop on Win 10 does not support hardware accelleration without RemoteFX.
You would habe to configure that prior to testing and I don't think it will work on Win 10 Home at all.

Ok, so this is something i cant test then..
So all of the Home Office things like Teams, or Remote Desktop to your Work PC arend even possible? This is quite sad, as its discriminates the Workers who are refuse to use a Windows X86 Computer at Home Office..
But i still plan to make my next Videos in my "Garden Office", whit the 3-Leg Camera Stand as the only non EDC Part..

What was FlightGear? Was this the "Linux Fight Simulator" ? If it need OPENGL, i could try this out later, but it might need some Button Configurations,
but i will read this thread as far as im ready for the next videos..

EDIT: OK "Linux Flight Simulator", looks cool, but i think this will need some time until it could run..
EDIT: 2 : Maybe im not the right Pyra User for FlightGear: My last real Flight Simulator was F22 from IGI maybe end of the 1990thes, and i wasnt that good,
Flying in GTA, Far Cry, etc is more "Arcade" than actuall Simulation..
FlightGear requires a little bit of time to learn. It also requires a lot of hardware resources to run which is why I wonder if the Pyra will ever be able to run it properly.

I can drive Bus, LKW, etc on Game and in Real Live, but saddly, Flying isnt something i can..
A bus simulator would be pretty cool too. What's LKW?

O, i forgot, im on an English Board: An LKW is short for "Lastkraftwagen", "PoweredTransportCar", or Semi Truck in English..
Its about the same as like in "Volkswagen", which is a "PeaplesCar",

Rigs of Rods would be quite nice..

will the iRig adaptor work with a Pyra? i know they dont work on Android ph. the tip ring ring ground layout is different. if it is a USB interface then it should work with GUITARIX . this is a virtual amp/effects software like Guitar Rig on the PC.
I use a Behringer USB interface UCG102.

Back