Release The Goonies Remake

mcobit

Advanced Member
My first OGL - OGLES Conversion.

Thanks to sebt3 and pickle for all your guidance and help!

goonies2.jpg

****This is BETA status!****

Known problems:

- Crashes sometimes, when starting a new game.

- Waterreflections don't work

- Slowdowns in screens, that contain water.

If someone wants to help to improve it, please feel free to contact me!

Edit: The crashes could be releated to memoryusage, so try to run from minimenu, if it doesn't work in xfce :)

Edit2: If someone wants to have a look at the current sources: http://maheld.heckel-web.pharmchem.uni-frankfurt.de/goonies.tar.gz

Get the PND here:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=goonies-goonies-14141

Last edited by a moderator:
All the games at Brain Games are very very nice and polished. I love it.

Thank you mcobit :)

Anyway i could confirm that in XFCE it didn't work ...at start all is ok but when i press Play the game return to desktop.

In minimenu all is ok.

Anyway i could confirm that in XFCE it didn't work ...at start all is ok but when i press Play the game return to desktop.

In minimenu all is ok.

Oh it works for me in XFCE quite well actually only not in the levels containing water like mcobit mentioned. Its fun to see its still as hard as the original, man games used to be a lot harder back in the day :D

Played it, really nice port :D

Only the water flushing down makes some scenes veeery skippy, which makes it nigh impossible to punch enemies.

And there's one bug I found: When entering passwords, you can't use backspace for some reason :D

Played it, really nice port :D

Only the water flushing down makes some scenes veeery skippy, which makes it nigh impossible to punch enemies.

And there's one bug I found: When entering passwords, you can't use backspace for some reason :D

i had one time the game quit on me somewhere in stage IV (very funny I couldnt get past stage I when I past it I went in one go to stage IV :D , they kept the original passwords :D ! )

I just played this for about a half hour and really like it.

I like it when the skull head opens it's mouth and you go in and come out to a different area.

Lots of fun, thanks!!

Will play again. ;)

Back