The Game Convention In Germany

sehs33

Website
Visit site
Are there any news or announcements made in the Game Convention from GPH or GP? EvilDragon is not here and I hope we can have some info on what's going on there right now from anyone who has attended, few photos of the booths and any dummy/demo machines or at least some release dates will be great.

Thanks in advance :)

The official GP2X website has a little pop-up with some small details about it.

I know about the pop up, I check both GP and GPH sites daily, but I hoped someone went there and can give us a clue on what's happening, anyone?

Be patient :) I'm pretty sure ED is very busy now. When he'll come back home after convention he'll probably post an extensive coverage with photos :)

ED told us on the german forum a few things yesterday:

-ED played Elswhere, Replay, Odonata and Payback. All 4 games are looking very well.
-BoB is coming out in october with a stand to put the GP2x on.
-Press, developer, dealer and Linux fans show much interest on the GP2x.
-Firmware 2.1.0 is ready, but the MMU Hack no longer works. So they want to fix this problem first.

German forum member fheusel made a few photos of the booth.
Here is a link to the topic on german forum.

Regards,
Stephan

sbock posted on Aug 26 2006 at 11:43 AM said:
-Firmware 2.1.0 is ready, but the MMU Hack no longer works. So they want to fix this problem first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twimfy posted on Aug 26 2006 at 11:17 AM said:
Any news as to what the FW update will bring?

No. No details yet... :(

All I know are a few changes in version 2.0.1 Beta 1:

-Movieplayer bugfix
-Menue runs on 200 Mhz again
-Menue Design changes
-eReader: 25 bookmarks possible

ED wanted to talk to GPH to add playlists and ID3 tags in the music player, but I don't know if it is included in 2.1.0.

Regards,
Stephan

Cool, it would be nice if they've fixed the 'flashing menu' problem, I know it's a cosmetic problem but it invokes uncertainty into those who are having a look at the GP2X for the first time.

sbock posted on Aug 26 2006 at 05:59 AM said:
Would that be necessary? I often find myself leaving the GP2X in a semi-standby in the main menu while I load new binaries on the SD card, knowing that it won't consume that much battery power. That's it, I'm going classic, downgrading to 1.4 as we speak ;P

- Alex

Alex. posted on Aug 26 2006 at 02:33 PM said:
sbock posted on Aug 26 2006 at 05:59 AM said:
Would that be necessary? I often find myself leaving the GP2X in a semi-standby in the main menu while I load new binaries on the SD card, knowing that it won't consume that much battery power. That's it, I'm going classic, downgrading to 1.4 as we speak ;P

- Alex
It's to stop the weird flicker iirc.

Back