The Function Glob(string Pattern)

Racemaniac

Scorched GP programmer
Website
Visit site
can someone help me out here? the function glob (to search for files), i use it in the latest version of scorched gp, and i thought it worked (i remember having tested it, i still have an old file to test the function with), however now it doesn't seem to work (nor does the old testfile), am i missing something very obvious here?
can anyone get glob to work on their gp32? it's very useful....

btw, i notices some other strange thing, when i temporarily bypassed the glob issue, i noticed at a point all text got deleted while i only deleted certain texts... (it doesn't do this on the pc), anyone know why??

Hmm the only thing with the texts I could think of, is that a delete_text(textid); gets called when the ID textid is not linked with a text.
In that case, it does the same thing as delete_text(0);

But since it`s only happening on gp32, that should not be the case...

Maybe you are working with including files? Be sure to have no variable declarations in the included files except privates of course... but I`m sure you still know that.

I also don`t know the glob function, can`t help you with that...
Does it search for files like text files etc? maybe it`s not working on the gp32 because of the file system (fatxx) or maybe you`re didn`t thought of the files 8+3 limit...

Hmm the only thing with the texts I could think of, is that a delete_text(textid); gets called when the ID textid is not linked with a text.
In that case, it does the same thing as delete_text(0);

But since it`s only happening on gp32, that should not be the case...

Maybe you are working with including files? Be sure to have no variable declarations in the included files except privates of course... but I`m sure you still know that.

I also don`t know the glob function, can`t help you with that...
Does it search for files like text files etc? maybe it`s not working on the gp32 because of the file system (fatxx) or maybe you`re didn`t thought of the files 8+3 limit...
i as actually having this probems when i made my own version of the fifteen sixteen puzzle... no included files etc :s
about glob, i in the end tryed with the search for "*", which means anything.... and still i got nothing in return, so it found nothing at all :s

hmm, about the delete text, it's also doing it on the pc now ^^, must have overlooked something :D
about the glob, i'll look for a way to bypass it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back