The best web browser?

Definately firefox its is as prometheus said the most intuitive.Getting rid of arora and midori is a great idea.They are so buggy.Its important to get as much software fully compatible with the pandora as possible for ease of use.I still

had display issues with the latest version of Chromium last time i tried it.Firefox just works.Im glad you are thinking of doing this. :)Does this maemo flash player work on the pandora now?What is it?Is it in the latest version of Firefox?

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck, if we can swing it and sacrifice the space I'd go with one of those latest Firefox builds according to what people have to say about it.

Definately firefox its is as prometheus said the most intuitive.Getting rid of arora and midori is a great idea.They are so buggy.Its important to get as much software fully compatible with the pandora as possible for ease of use.I still

had display issues with the latest version of Chromium last time i tried it.Firefox just works.Im glad you are thinking of doing this. :)Does this maemo flash player work on the pandora now?What is it?Is it in the latest version of Firefox?

It's the official adobie flash player for Nokia. It works as a plugin on firefox on the Pandora.

I use Chromium as I'm used to it on my desktop and it's quick enough on the Pandora. I didn't know flash was working though, will have to give Firefox a go.

It's the official adobie flash player for Nokia. It works as a plugin on firefox on the Pandora.
Is it included in firefox already?Or do we have to install the plugin seperately.Where is it available for download? :)

Is it included in firefox already?Or do we have to install the plugin seperately.Where is it available for download? :)

You can find it... but I'm not sure of it's 'free' or only 'free' if you have a nokia device.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. All very good points about adblocking. I was just trying to have a go at Blue Protoman because, you know, it's Blue Protoman. Can you just keep to your input into browsers on the Pandora because it really is a quite important topic and you have the ear of the person who has a major influence over deciding these things. Adblocking is ok, it's decided, we can put it to bed now.

I don't have my Pandora yet so have no viable input. I use Firefox on the desktop but I've tried it on my phone (Desire/Android) and it stinks bad on there. My vote is for Chrome.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. All very good points about adblocking. I was just trying to have a go at Blue Protoman because, you know, it's Blue Protoman. Can you just keep to your input into browsers on the Pandora because it really is a quite important topic and you have the ear of the person who has a major influence over deciding these things. Adblocking is ok, it's decided, we can put it to bed now.

I don't have my Pandora yet so have no viable input. I use Firefox on the desktop but I've tried it on my phone (Desire/Android) and it stinks bad on there. My vote is for Chrome.
Agreed stick to topic everyone

I tested Chromium, Firefox 3 and Firefox 4.07 beta. I found FF 4.07 slower, at least at startup. FF 3 seems lighter but to me, Chromium seems to be the most reactive and fast to launch. No SSL support for Chromium IIRC though. I think I'll use a mix of FF3 and Chromium, but if you have to make a choice, FF might be a better overall choice due to all its features.

Just curious, I have seen opera used on many small devices, has anyone used opera on their pandora?

What others are out there..?

Anyone still using Netscape Navigator?

----------------------------------------Thanks !!---------------------------------------------------

And... May the Pandora be with you...

Firefox I kind of compare it to driving a SUV, it's slow when starting.. once it gets going it's good and has a ton of utility.. especially with the Web Developer plugins and error console.

Chrome/chromium is like driving a sports car. It's fast, but hit a bump and it crashes.

Internet Explorer, reminds me of a Honda Civic. it gets the job done, may not be the fastest. but since it's the world's most common car it gets stolen a lot. (virus and trojan magnet)

Just curious, I have seen opera used on many small devices, has anyone used opera on their pandora?

What others are out there..?

Anyone still using Netscape Navigator?

----------------------------------------Thanks !!---------------------------------------------------

And... May the Pandora be with you...

I see it used on some OS/2 machines at work, I don't think it can even render a modern web-page correctly.. other than that the rights to netscape was bought by AOL long time ago and it's most likely became some twisted mess by now. Some of the original programmersthat wrote Netscape the founded the Mozilla Foundation that went on to make Firefox.

Can't say anything about Opera, not sure the status on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back