Testing Pandora software other than on unit

Cassiel

Still Fresh
Guys, quick question...

I'm after testing Pandora PND packages, but not on a real unit/hardware. Does anyone know of a Pandora "emulator" for Windows, or is it possible to setup a VM image in VirtualBox for example?

Any pointing of direction would be most appreciated :)

It's extremely hard to setup, but it may be possible to get qemu to run Pandora's OS.. Long ago, before shipping I remember someone made a Qemu image, but this was like a year before the first unit was out, so it's most likely too old to use.. this info it's would be somewhere on the GP2X forum..

This qemu image that TrashyMG mention was using old angstrom build, and i think incompatible with actual angstrom on pandora.

Also, would the sgx be emulated in such an image?

I highly doubt it, I got frustrated trying to use Qemu as a test bed, I couldn't get angstrom to boot at all, I had an Android image that sort of worked... I ended up just buying a beagleboard as an ARM development sandbox. This was prior to getting the Pandora.. My beagleboard is sitting in it's box now..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's disappointing.... I'm surprised this hasn't been a issue already (from a dev perspective)?

Given we're talking about such an open OS and tools, I was expecting this to be a slam dunk...

your best bet is probably to join us at #OpenPandora on freenode, plenty of seasoned devs to help you out, and plenty of testers with a pandora to help you test

Back