Tales Of Phantasia...

DarkAeden

Hey, is there anybody that can ripdown that beautiful snes rpg rom to fit the 4 mb size limit of opensnes?????

i don't understand this whole 4mb thing, my Samauri Showdown rom, unzipped be it, is 4.2mb and it plays fine on my Gamepark.

extremegamer posted on Oct 12 2004 at 02:29 AM said:
i don't understand this whole 4mb thing, my Samauri Showdown rom, unzipped be it, is 4.2mb and it plays fine on my Gamepark.

4 mb are shown in explorer as 4,2 because 1 byte are 1024 bit, or something like that, can`t remember exactly.
Try rightclicking on that rom and choose "properties" (I thinks thats how you call it in english, cause I`m german, mine reads "Eigenschaften" :) )

Look at size, it says 4,00 MB (4.194.816 Bytes).

I hope that helps you understand it a bit... (and I hope it made sense :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
there is so, no way to rip down...maybe the music out of that tales of phantasia or to compress the rom internal (not with zip) so that it will size less than 4 mb???Is there some1 who can do it?

my rom size is exactly 4,097kb which is a bit more than 4mb and it works fine. I'm going to try to test my gamepark with a larger rom.

There is no extended rom support in opensnes - it won't work whatever you do. Also SNES/Megadrive games are measured in Megabits not Megabytes - thats why you're getting games looking more than 4 megabytes, because they are 32 Megabits (the current maximum standard).

If opensnes was built off the latest sources then you would probably get some more games to work, but with 8MB Ram it is highly unlikely they would work very well (if at all).

I will take screen shots if i have to to show the size of the rom and it playing on my GP32 if you don't believe me

To show samurai showdown or Tales of Phantasia running? if it's samurai showdown, of course... 4MB roms are supported extremegamer nobody argued that

Back