SyncThing, A New Contender to Sync Folders & Files

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Here's a quick tutorial on how to setup and use SyncThing on your Pandora with another device - Syncthing is a decentralized Dropbox alternative. Check it out in case you want to keep folder and files synchronized between devices!

--> Continue Reading

Screenshot from 2015-01-04 18:53:31.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using a ext2 file system ? Syncthing does not work for FAT32 I think. 
Hmm, I remember no problems with keeping a folder in sync on a Windows 7 PC with a FAT32 parititon. But maybe that changed, updates are rather frequent, and I changed to seafile half a year ago (downside:  no official ARM-Linux client).

Hmm, I remember no problems with keeping a folder in sync on a Windows 7 PC with a FAT32 parititon. But maybe that changed, updates are rather frequent, and I changed to seafile half a year ago (downside:  no official ARM-Linux client).
I'm obviously talking about the Pandora here, not what runs on Windows PC.

I'm obviously talking about the Pandora here, not what runs on Windows PC.
I know, thats why I put the system config as reference in

Yes. On FAT32 it refused to work, but on my ext2 sd card it booted normally. So I set everything up on my Pandora and my computer. But when I try to connect the folders on both machines Syncthing gives me the above error message.

Yes. On FAT32 it refused to work, but on my ext2 sd card it booted normally. So I set everything up on my Pandora and my computer. But when I try to connect the folders on both machines Syncthing gives me the above error message.
Did you check if syncthing is at the same version on both computers?

If you are trying to sync FAT you need to check the box for Ignore Premissions on the folder settings dialog. I'm syncing folders with syncthing to my fat32 card with no problems that way.

Did you check if syncthing is at the same version on both computers?
Damn it, this did the trick! Thanks! :)

If you are trying to sync FAT you need to check the box for Ignore Premissions on the folder settings dialog. I'm syncing folders with syncthing to my fat32 card with no problems that way.

That should be stated on the application description! Thank you.

Back