Swiss Army Knive, the Pyra under the Sharp Tools

I know full well that you want me to cut off your undergarments, you made that very clear in the private messages that you've been sending me.
Pppfft prove it! \o/

I said “quote”, not “cut”, and by “undergarment” I was referring to PowerGod’s typo where they wrote “using the magnifying glass and the thongs to remove it took me one minute” - seemed like the kind of thing you’d pick up on so I was surprised when you didn’t mention it :p

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
Pppfft prove it! \o/

hXpDzJ3o.jpg

I said “quote”, not “cut”

Looks like someone's forgotten the code words we use to not tip off our wives as to what's going on. quote == cut.

To come back to the topic (Our Sharp Toys):

The Vic Hunter Pro seems to work quite well, allthough i have to train a bit to push the Unlock Button on the Back to close it again..
Its handle is quite confortable, even if its not Wood, this Alox got a struckture which helps to grip the handle

I dont know how save the Backlock is, but as whit all other Folders, but for everything else it should be quite suitable..

They called it 2 Hander because its meant to open whit 2 Hands (one holds the handle, one folds the blade out), but its quite big, maybe its meant to use whit 2 Hands??

At least I have now the knife:
9561fef1efd3f81dad8b9e6a96a1bbaa.jpg
That is a very nice knife for which I am sure you will find many good uses (eg wild deer, survival, etc).

But I have to say that Swiss cross is a bit over the top. Reminds me of DC skate shoes from the 90's.

Anyway you must have a warm fuzzy feeling with that substantial knife collection you have amassed.

Well the cross is really a bit too big, but it’s ok
The whole knife is huge anyway.. ^^
I cut some stuff today:
- Opened a pack of Honey Gumms ,
- cut some cardboard and some tape,
- packing straps,

Seems like it’s Sharp ^^

And although it’s quite big, it’s light enough so you can use it quite easy ..

Thes knifes in the picture are just a small part of the collection to compare the blade length and the size of the handle ..
The big fixed on the left was a long time my Boy Scout Knife, but it 1 cm to long to be allowed to carry in Germany, the SAK is my other EDC and the smaller black folder was meant to be one hand opening but whit a special lock mechanism which don’t engage automatically..
was a cool knife but it’s scale screw holes got damaged to easy..

The Hunter Pro should be much sturdyer ..

This was last year's Xmas gift from my mother. A very elegant blade, French I believe. The etching of the airplane reminds me of Tin Tin.

Attachments

• IMG_20210528_113342.jpg
    IMG_20210528_113342.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 138
multitool.jpg
Foto4657.jpg

Forgot to upload the pictures in my previous post. This is the thing I carry now. Pandora for size
It features: A file, a a saw, a square you attach other tools to (for hexagonal nuts). A scissors, a knife and... very visible... pliers!
I also bring along this other weird thingy for opening water faucets (squares and triangles also works to air your vents).

Used the Hunter Pro today to cut of the shell of two potato’s; worked quite good,

This thing was a quite nice buy this year , it’s allowed to carry in Germany, (two handed opening) but sharp and big ^^ my best only blade knife so far

Reactions: rSl
In English at least 'cutting the shell of two potatoes' is more normally called 'peeling two potatoes'.

If you like knivees you should really learn to use a steel. Then you can make any non-serrated knife as sharp as you want.

Well a steel would be a good idea, maybe next year, I know how to use , but I was a bit too lazy to sharpen my Blades until yet ..
Ok peeling a Potato…

Cool Modell, allthough its lacks the Korkscrew and the Scissors ^^
I found that Victorinox made a new Swisstool whit Clip, but unfortunally its got an One Hand Blade so not sutuable for Germany..

Cool Modell, allthough its lacks the Korkscrew and the Scissors ^^
I found that Victorinox made a new Swisstool whit Clip, but unfortunally its got an One Hand Blade so not sutuable for Germany..
To be honest, the Victorinox corkscrew is pretty lousy - the dimeter is too small, so it tends to either rip a cylinder out of the cork, or make the cork disintegrate completely. I wish they used a version of the Twin Blade Corkscrew (Bilame or Ah-So), although I suspect it would be difficult to incorporate into the pen-knife format.

The Korkscrew is more for un binding from Knoths or to carry the Glasses Screwdriver
Oh yes. A small marlinspike (marlspieker) would be very useful. My father had a folding knife (too big to be called a pen-knife) that incorporated one. Unfortunately gone now. It looked very similar to the illustration of the Seglermesser on the German Wikipedia page.

Back