Super Mario Rpg Emulation

Interesting... Sadly I do not have an account over there so I am not able to download the file. Can anyone host it somewhere or upload it to the archive?

I don't have an account, and I'm able to get the files... odd.
I'll add it to the archive.
~Lineus

EDIT: Sorry, the archive is being stupid... "Liscence not specified" wtf? Where do I specify that? No go till I figure it out.

LOL... I should've tried to download it first ^^. Got it now... I remember distinctly that I was not able to download stuff from gp32spain a while ago because you needed to login to do that... weird.

whats snesadvance speed hacks? anyway this is really cool. I hope the chip used in kirby super star gets emulated next. I'm gonna wait for a non alpha version before i start playing super mario rpg but this is exciting news.

Kirby Super Star uses the same chip... and it works on this revision of PocketSnes, as well as Parodious 3 and Kirby's Dreamland 3. Unfortunately, they are under 10FPS and way too slow to be playable. Only Super Mario RPG is playable at 250MHz (20-40FPS) because it does active the speedhacks in snesadvance.dat.

I suppose that we still have to figure out the speedhacks for Kirby's games and set them in the .dat file.

This version is more slow than the previous version for normal SNES games. This version is only for use with SA-1 games

thanks for mentioning the other games that use the SA-1 chip. Playable Kirby shouldn't be too far behind then. Seems we've been getting much closer to getting all snes games playable. good work Headoverheels. For those of us who lost track (like me) what special chip games are now playable from Headoverheels work including his other releases?

SDD1 for instance:Star Ocean and Street Fighter Alpha 2.

With SA-1 support you can play Dragon Ball Z Hyper Dimension too :)

Almost all DSP games like Super Mario Kart or Piltowings.

Almost all FX1 games but very slow and with several problems :D

Back