Sudden Problems With Pc-link

Quo Vadis

Still Fresh
Dear all. After weeks of happy gp32-ing tonight, all of a sudden, my PC is finding 'new hardware' when I plug in my gp32. It then says it wants to install gp32usb.sys but can never find it. I've pointed it to the install CD but to no avail. Anyone have any idea why this should happen now? I have Windows XP with the latest updates installed. Nothing else changed in the period between it working and it not working.

Cheers.

QV

Reinstall pc-link from the cd, take the cd out and then have Windows detect the inf (it will be in the Windows system folder, so it'll find it).

EDIT: And put GPDRIVE on your smc for later. ;)

And dont forget the usual "get a card reader" comment.

I wonder if PC link dosent need to be rewritten it seems to have so many problems with WinXP (of course the suckiness of XP is usually the problem.)

Alpha2 posted on Mar 24 2005 at 05:03 AM said:

I wonder if PC link dosent need to be rewritten it seems to have so many problems with WinXP (of course the suckiness of XP is usually the problem.)

Never had ANY problems with it on XP :blink:

Although a rewritten PC-Link would be nice anyway if any of the programming elite of you are listening :p

Last edited by a moderator:
markusdragon posted on Mar 24 2005 at 09:29 AM said:
Alpha2 posted on Mar 24 2005 at 05:03 AM said:

Never had ANY problems with it on XP :blink:

Although a rewritten PC-Link would be nice anyway if any of the programming elite of you are listening :p

in my experience its xp not the software that causes problems...

dont let it do automatic updates, they screw so many things up!

sPaCe :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back