Streets of Rage remake query

NoeleyC

I know this is indeed an oldie on the Pandora scene, but I discovered I had this installed on an older SD card but it seems to run far too fast nowadays to be playable! Am I missing some in game setting to limit the speed (changing the Pandora speed itself didn't seem to help), or does this need a software update?

Can you explain better where it is too fast ?
I can't verify about the menu itself but in game play the frame rate goes up to 100fps so the game play is overly fast. I've tried setting some more intensive graphics filters but that slows it down some but only to between 70 and 80fps

i should play this again to see if i have the same issue, are you on 1Ghz Pandy?

after having tested, for some time, playing several games i can report that it seems to be running at normal speed. Perhaps you need to redownload it or delete the appdata folder or something

Last edited by a moderator:
after having tested, for some time, playing several games i can report that it seems to be running at normal speed. Perhaps you need to redownload it or delete the appdata folder or something
I'll try those suggestions and see how I get on, thanks for those!

If this is using GL, It might be 3D driver's fault, some of them don't enforce vsync properly (I think it's called swap interval in GL terms).

I didn't think of trying different graphics drivers, I'm currently downloading the latest version of the original software (5.1)

Ok it seems that I must not have had a fully up to date version of the game files originally, I downloaded them back just around the time they were pulled from the net. The version 5.1 files work perfectly at the right fps, so thanks for everyone's help on this!

Oh and if people haven't already updated their files, the 5.1 version seems to have a good amount of in game balancing so that's cool

Which website is that?  It's not linked from the repo page, and I can't see a link from the bombergames site (which IIRC was the de-facto website for this).

That said, it really doesn't appear hard to find v5.1 files for download via traditional means these days.  No idea if any of them are legit mind you.

I just Googled "Streets of Rage remake download", it linked me straight to a community fansite with the download link on it. There's another big fan site (not sure if I'm allowed to quote site names or not) where you can find the v5 files and the update to 5.1

The files were never linked from the repo page as they had been temporarily removed iirc

...after reading the 5.1 changelog I realized that I never played that version O_O

Back