Street Fighter 2 On Mame Issue...

Lupin

Website
www.ergwow.com
I tried loading up SFII but all it does is allow me to choose a fighter then it restarts (the game not the emu). Also, It wont recognize my Final Star Force or vs Super Mario Bros roms. Any ideas?

why did you post twice?! that's not very nice. people here will put your balls in a vice. let me give you some advice, don't post twice, or even thrice.

;)

ok - I'll be nicer.... :(
your roms are bad. you have to use mame 0.34 compatible roms. you could always look for "the torrent"

Sorry I did once in MAME and i noticed that place was kind of dead there so I went here. Also, I could never figure out Clrmamepro someone want to help me out plz?

from the current mame set, 1 of the 3 street fighter 2 roms work...

1 of the street fighter 2 new challengers works too...

Just got in from work so will post specifics later if you cant get it to work

Lupin posted on Sep 29 2006 at 06:32 AM said:
meh I need to find a set somewhere of GP2X compat roms. On the prowl am I nvm found one heheh :p

I have SF1,SF2,SF2 New Challengers, SF2 Turbo, SF2 Hyper fighting, they all run/play on mame ok...

Load up clrmamepro and import the clrmamepro.dat from the gp2xmame folder, create empty roms folder on hdd somewhere, point to this in clrmamepro settings, scan the roms (they will be empty), then with logoutput window open, drag & drop your current mame roms folder (on hdd) to that window, it will rebuild a 0.34 set from your current to the newly created roms folder.

Then you can just copy over the newly created roms folder and have a full 0.34 set that works with gp2xmame.

Wom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Wombat, always wondered how it worked...

Got mame 0.106 set and have converted roms.

Gonna try em out later :D

Oh well forget thhis ClrMAMErom i got a torrent of all the working MAME GP2X titles just well like most torrents for a niche audience it picks up and drops out :( Oh well, at least I will have a working rom set at some time hehe

Back