Stream Media From Pc, Tethering, Flash/divx, Songbird, Information App

There are lots of sites that I would like to stream on my Pandora :D

YouTube and MegaVideo should be doable IMO.

I wonder if iMobileCinema could be ported to teh Pandora... Oh well, with Gnash and developers in teh futurez creating even better forms of flash than IMC, I guess I have nothing to worry about. After all, people see this as a problem and a good dev chooses to solve a problem ;P

How bout a youtube vid from Jon Lajoie
lulz

Then there wont be megavideo/youtube/veoh in pandora? :( that was one of the reasons for me to buy it...

guizm said:
Then there wont be megavideo/youtube/veoh in pandora? :( that was one of the reasons for me to buy it...
Read through this thread before you respond, please. Everyone has been talking about that there WILL be support for it, but not with the normal Flash player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that the ARM Cortex-A8-based N900 will ship with a Mozilla-based browser with Adobe Flash Player 9.4, according to specs.
We should be able to work something out from that, somehow.

Awesome. I have tried MyWi and managed to tether my iPhone 3G connection to my computer via USB. I haven't quite tested out the WiFi Channel BroadCasting portion because I have no other wi-fi devices to test it on, but I have a good feeling about this app. Anyway, I wonder if AT&T can figure out I'm tethering and apply extra charges...

Raz said:
SurfTheChannel uses a weird form of flash to link to websites with videos. It's a bit of protection, but can it be accessible by the Pandora?
Surf the channel is illegal, let's not talk about it here, kthx?
Surf the channel isn't illegal. It is not illegal where it is run, and therefore, the laws do not apply if you watch it (if it was hosted foreignly and you watched it illegally by some rule, you would be prosecuted by their laws.) Pandora can make anything they want to run it, as long as they don't specifically endorse it (I.E: ADs like hey check out our new surfthechannel application made by one of our devs that allows you to watch surfthechannel.

tldr; keep it simple and no one will give 2 shits

Yes well it is usually a border line thing. Sure STC doesn't HOST videos, is in a foreign country and uses some weird form of flash to protect themselves in their links further, but some people don't realize that. If STC (or ROMs, music, videos, etc since most ppl think most of them are downloaded illegally) is associated with the Pandora, then some troll/douche/stupid person will say "Pandora is illegalz". Happens a lot with the iPhone and Appulous.

Anyway, I'll just use the method of bookmarking the videos they link out like I do for my iPhone or use some other site. Better yet, I'd use OrbLive to view cable.

Besides, although it may not be illegal under the law, it's still morally wrong to see the content without paying and consent. Sure it hasn't been asked to taken down, but was it asked to be put up?

With all that said, I'm not a hardcore illegalz nerd or some super citizen who follows the law.

Excited. said:
Surf the channel isn't illegal. It is not illegal where it is run,
you're doing okay so far...
Excited. said:
and therefore, the laws do not apply if you watch it
... and here's where you're making generalizations. First off, IANAL applies. However, no matter where the actual illicit material is stored, my acquisition of it (whether indirectly, by my webbrowser playing it as a flash video, or directly through a download) is against the law in my country (United States.) It breaks copyright laws. Yes, the people hosting the material are breaking the law as well, according to the U.S. laws, but they may be within their legal rights of their country. When I said STC was illegal, I meant that accessing and watching STC videos in the U.S. (and other countries, most likely) is against the law for the person accessing the content. Yes, STC doesn't technically host the data. They are like Pirate Bay in that regard, and if Pirate Bay hadn't endorsed the piracy their site allowed, as you have mentioned, they most likely would have been okay. It is also similar to the newsgroup company UseNext. They advertised that pirated material was available on their network, and they got taken down because of it. If the site doesn't explicitly advertise this, however, they are covered under the Safe Harbor clause of the DMCA, just like ISPs.
I should've been more clear in my original posting, but I was referring to my country specifically. I believe copyright laws are similar in some other countries, but I don't know for sure.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I very well may be.

Multiplex said:
Note that the ARM Cortex-A8-based N900 will ship with a Mozilla-based browser with Adobe Flash Player 9.4, according to specs.
We should be able to work something out from that, somehow.
This, although I suspect it might be in the form of a Maemo only binary. Can anyone confirm?
Although I agree flash needs to die a slow death HTML 5 still hasn't replaced it yet.

Back