Strange

Dennis1989

Still Fresh
Hi,

I have just received the GP2X today!
Is it strange that sometimes if i choose a menu the screen turns black and i need to reboot?
Also when the GP is just a sec on i see some strange purple and color stripes and a sec later i see GP2X Firmware 2.0 screen and after that another GP screen and then im in the menu.

Dennis1989 posted on Aug 16 2006 at 05:49 PM said:
Hi,

Is it strange that sometimes if i choose a menu the screen turns black and i need to reboot?

That is strange what menu are you in when it happens? Is it random or can you duplicate the error over and over?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aimless_E posted on Aug 17 2006 at 05:16 AM said:
Hi,

That is strange what menu are you in when it happens? Is it random or can you duplicate the error over and over?

Well it only happend just once forgot the menu but its also happens with the Vektar demo on the nand memory and that happend around 3 times now.

Also when im playing a video it stucks between 6 and 8 minutes!
I already have downloaded the m2gx movie player.
Btw im using the AC-DC adaptor.

Dennis1989 posted on Aug 17 2006 at 08:07 AM said:
Hi,

Well it only happend just once forgot the menu but its also happens with the Vektar demo on the nand memory and that happend around 3 times now.

The video thingy used to happen to me. Downconvert a movie from its original resolution to 320 x 240 and the movie then should work up till the end of the video.

d_lamer2003 posted on Aug 17 2006 at 12:10 PM said:
Dennis1989 posted on Aug 17 2006 at 08:07 AM said:
Hi,

The video thingy used to happen to me. Downconvert a movie from its original resolution to 320 x 240 and the movie then should work up till the end of the video.

Ok i'll try that.. hope it works.. but i dont understand it use to work with that modified version of MP2X couldn't it be my SD card or something? I have an san disk 1 gb but a kingston ultra 1gb (which is faster) is on his way!

Also i noticed that the Ant-Speedtest from the LCD tweaker freezes on 2514 steps left on 275 MHz.
I find it very weird all of this and i want to know how to stop the freezing

The freezing in ant-speed-test is normal I believe, just means that you can't overclock further than 275. That menu issue is weird though, I have never experienced anything like that. The sandisk SD cards and kingston should work just fine... maybe you need to reformat your sd card and check if the screen goes black again. Maybe it's just a simple problem like that.

xnopasaranx posted on Aug 17 2006 at 01:07 PM said:
The freezing in ant-speed-test is normal I believe, just means that you can't overclock further than 275. That menu issue is weird though, I have never experienced anything like that. The sandisk SD cards and kingston should work just fine... maybe you need to reformat your sd card and check if the screen goes black again. Maybe it's just a simple problem like that.

yeah maybe thats it because i swapped it from my DS because its for a DS flashcard maybe thats it.. but then.. will that also explain the video probs?

Oops I misread your original post and thought it was going black when you started a program. Have you got your 2x overclocked? Maybe the A/C adpater isn't providing enough juice? Does the same thing happen with batteries?

subcon959 posted on Aug 17 2006 at 01:25 PM said:
Oops I misread your original post and thought it was going black when you started a program. Have you got your 2x overclocked? Maybe the A/C adpater isn't providing enough juice? Does the same thing happen with batteries?

Haven't tried yet.. i have GP 2700 mAh battery's and nope its not overclocked.
I will try that hope for some other results. thnx!
Btw its the official AC-DC adaptor it even has GP2X on it.

Even with rechargable battery's the video freezes.. Its btw an episode of Dragonball Z full with energy flashes and things.. But i guess the GP2X could handle that!

Which MPlayer are you using? The new modified one or the one built into the firmware? Also what CPU setting do you have the MPlayer on? Low, Med or Full?

yaustar posted on Aug 17 2006 at 02:10 PM said:
Which MPlayer are you using? The new modified one or the one built into the firmware? Also what CPU setting do you have the MPlayer on? Low, Med or Full?

It doesn't matter i have downloaded the MP2X from this sites download database and on some point (practically random) its going to stutter and short after its frozen.. im always playing on FULL.

I have now learnt that i needed to play the MP2X on the game menu. But now i it freezes but i can still activate the upper menu non of those buttons work on that menu. Now i noticed that the SD card gets hot..
Not burning hot but hot. Maybe thats the problem? I have a SanDisk 1 GB card!

Back