Strange behavior when charging

Zaroff

Still Fresh
Hi,

This is what happens when I charge up the pandora: I put it on charger every evening, and let it charge during the night. I plug it in, then close the lid, which puts it in suspend mode, the green led dims and the red one lights up. So far so good. However, what happens is that, apparently when it reaches 100% charge, the pandora wakes up (even with lid closed) and from that point starts to discharge, which results in my finding it not at 100% in the morning, but rather around 94-95%. This is silly behavior...

Is there any way to prevent the machine from waking up when it reaches full charge? Maybe there's a setting I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

This is normal.

It's not "woken up."  It still uses power even when lid closed and power on.  This is what is happening to you.

It gets to full charge, 100% and then the re-charge shuts off...and it starts expending a little power in the "standby" mode with lid closed.

This routinely happens when you charge overnight while sleeping, like I do.  Sometimes, you luck out and it is still 100%, other times it might be 97% or so...I have seen it get as low as 95% doing this.

The charge does not come back on when it hits 99% or even 95%.

If you left it sit long enough it would use enough power that the charge would come back on.

Thanks for the answer.

I know that suspend does use power a little, but when I close the lid when putting the pandora to charge up, the screen (major factor of power draw) turns off, whereas when it reaches full charge the screen turns back on, even if the lid is still closed.

That's what I'd want to avoid happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice if there was a setting for when the device reaches 100% to actively "shut down"... but then again... it's still plugged in and that would

cause it to come on again.

My pandora usually charges in normal mode with the screen open and blanked by the inactivity timer (= i just plug it in). Since during charging the pandora doesnt even really suspend there is very little difference in the current use compared to low power mode, and it is charging...

The main drawback here is that, once fully charged, as it wakes up with the screen on, the discharge rate is rather high. I wouldn't mind the power draw from the suspend state as it's low anyway, but the screen coming back on on its own is rather a problem.

try disabling your suspend on screen close mode, and only use the switch. the battery is supposed to not charge anymore once it reaches 100%, and it starts again once it drops down to 95% as to not cause overcharging and the battery expanding/exploding like it has in the past. there should be some pictures around of what happens when you would leave it charging 24/7 long ago. and it cant be changed to where the pandora just runs on main power as this isnt officially supported and not all pandora run off AC power without the battery. either way, never insert, or take out your battery while the AC is connected

Back