Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Only with 3D Video Playback

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Yes, Only with PSX4Pandora and Muppen64 S-3D Rendering

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested

Votes: 34 55.7%

• Total voters

As a person lacking binocular vision, I find this discussion very distasteful.

I am insulted, sirs.
QFT and agreed!!!

>.>

If someone is actually forcing you to read this, well then I suppose I can feel sympathy. No apologies either way though. (I think the thread's title should give a hint to you on what to expect).

You're... you're kidding, right..? That up there? That was a joke.

(/thistimeImserious)

41801_178301345519655_553079_q.jpg

It would be fun to add an OpenGL-ES "layer" which interfaces with bluetooth-driven LCD shutter glasses, which can be turned off for those that don't want to play in 3D. I had a pair of those (IR operated rather than BT) back ... oh, about '98? And Quake rocked in 3D.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nownow, could we all leave economic movie and stripper club discussion aside and go back to the main topic?

Thanks.

Although the effect can be fun on Nintendo 3DS, this is overhyped and clearly not useful.

Although the effect can be fun on Nintendo 3DS, this is overhyped and clearly not useful.
Agreed...and actually on Nintendo 3DS is nothing more than a gimmick, imo. 7 weeks with my 3DS and I still have 3D off 99% of the time. <_<

That's Nintendo all over, I'm afraid - the touchscreen was little more than a gimmick for the vast majority of DS games out there, and a bloody hindrance for many (Mario64 port was poorer for the touchscreen use, as were a few driving games, and don't even get me started on metroid hunters or New Zealand Story).

The 3D will be a gimmick to get people to buy the same games all over again but in 3D (OoT, for example) and an encouragement to the shovelware companies to slap "3D!!!!" onto their titles.

D.

Well, in Nintendo's defense...you can turn the 'gimmick' off.

For example, OoT 3DS will be an awesome game, no doubt, but to get the best out of the classic OoT gameplay experience...I suggest you turn 3D to the off position. ;)

I had 3ds kept it few weeks and sold it.

The 3ds graphics on 3ds are good but it's hard to keep it one position,which makes it difficult to do plus you need good eyesight in both eyes to see it,the 3ds is good device but no new features at all just basic ds.

When i saw the pandora it had good specs and amazing things it can do i took trust in it,the pandora is way better than 3ds that's for sure.

The sony nintendo consoles are just basic systems but pandora is console and gaming device which makes it the best of both worlds.

Same here, I want to sell my Japanese 3DS asap. Might get rid of it this weekend.

Hm... what kind of condition is it in? I've sorta wanted to try some of those new pokemon games....

Mine is Japanese, mate and it will only play Japanese 3DS games (although it'll play Nintendo DS games from anywhere in the world, games like Pokemon B & W).

It's in a shi**y USED condition. I've played over 5000 matches of Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition on it. :(

Another option that could be considered is lenticular filtered 3D. That way all you'd have to do is put a plastic filter over the screen and have whatever video is underneath it display alternate images per vertical line. It might not work well on the Pandora screen because of its size and color arrangement (vertical as opposed to horizontal).

It would be fun to add an OpenGL-ES "layer" which interfaces with bluetooth-driven LCD shutter glasses, which can be turned off for those that don't want to play in 3D. I had a pair of those (IR operated rather than BT) back ... oh, about '98? And Quake rocked in 3D.
I have a few pairs of active shutter glasses lying around: Sega Master System, old nVidia pair that came bundled with a 3D card, and 3D Spex. The MS one worked great, but the other two were always spotty for me. :(

Personally, I think a shutter glasses type would work best on Pandora right now. The old Master System tech had to work with TVs of the '80s, and it worked pretty damn well from what I remember as a kid. So well that I tried swatting several missiles away from the screen. If the Pandora has a 60Hz refresh rate, I'm sure we could find some readily-available pair of shutter glasses and hack some support into the Pandora for it.

Mine is Japanese, mate and it will only play Japanese 3DS games (although it'll play Nintendo DS games from anywhere in the world, games like Pokemon B & W).

It's in a shi**y USED condition. I've played over 5000 matches of Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition on it. :(

Totally forgot that almost all big-name consoles use region locking. <_<

Man, that sucks. Oh well. Hope you manage to sell the thing.

Nope, the PSP was - before getting cracked open with custom firmware - region locked. (but IIRC no games were using this lock
laugh.gif
)

And DSi is region locked for the DSiWare games.

1. Sony came out saying that they don't want any region restrictions for PSP.

2. Who cares! There were less than 10 'DSi only' cartridge games ever made.

The best use of 3D IMHO is for still shots. I've had PC shutter glasses for years and although games look cool with them and indeed have that wow factor. It's still not something you use more than a few times and to impress people.

Still shots on the other hand can look amazing. Whether portraits, objects or even landscapes.

You can even view them without glasses or special monitors if you can train your eyes. It's called freeviewing and it's not too difficult, especially if you can see magic eye pictures.

Here's a massive gallery of Freeview Stereo pics.

Back