• Yes, Only with 3D Video Playback

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Yes, Only with PSX4Pandora and Muppen64 S-3D Rendering

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested

Votes: 34 55.7%

• Total voters

yeah, they were pretty, but all i saw was some squiggly lines :D

had a green dragon model ages ago though, cardboard thing that followed you around the room and looked all 3d like, was very disturbing if you didn't realise what it was

had a green dragon model ages ago though, cardboard thing that followed you around the room and looked all 3d like, was very disturbing if you didn't realise what it was

You could try the cross eyed freeview technique. It's easier to learn. Just look at the pics and go cross eyed as slowly as you can until the pics converge. Of course that won't help with magic eye pics though :p

You could try the cross eyed freeview technique. It's easier to learn. Just look at the pics and go cross eyed as slowly as you can until the pics converge. Of course that won't help with magic eye pics though :p

yeah, spent ages doing that, but i'm already half cross-eyed without trying

I would guess the majority of us are using the pandora for emulators. So if that turns out to be true then already the majority of content is already incompatible with 3D. Then there's the amount of homebrew that's in 3D instead of 2D and you've got a very small percentage of games that would be able to justify the price of a 3D screen. So for that reason I don't think it's worth it and despite what you may think, I love my 3DS so this isn't any anti-3D bias.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still in the end....just a gimmick, imo of course.

Very True. That's why I think stills are the best way to appreciate 3D

Moving stuff just doesn't work very well IMHO. It's great as a tech demo but ultimately isn't nice to use on a daily basis IMO.

It was blue, but yes:

dragon.jpg

Though you can get the Green and Red ones too, they're just recoloured versions of the blue dragon.

D.

Thanks for the link to the gallery!

I never really understood why people say the cross-eyed technique is easier... personally I find that the cross-eyed technique is more difficult than going wide-eyed. In addition I find it quite uncomfortable, whereas I can stay wide-eyed comfortably for quite a long time. Also to my mind the cross-eyed technique makes the images seems smaller once I bring them into focus...

That being said, I was never able to see the 'hidden image' magic eye pictures until Mum bought one of the magic eye books... they started with a number of 'repeated object' images where the objects themselves were the 3D images. These I was able to master pretty quickly because they provided visual cues to align the two views and did not require one to diverge ones eyes very far... then it progressed to hidden images within repeated objects, then to hidden images in fields of random dots.

In fact here is the image that got me started with wide-eyed free-viewing:

Getting started: Look past the screen until each coin overlaps the one next to it, then shift your focus to the combined image.

magic-eye-coin.jpg

-Neelix

[…]

In fact here is the image that got me started with wide-eyed free-viewing:

Getting started: Look past the screen until each coin overlaps the one next to it, then shift your focus to the combined image.

magic-eye-coin.jpg
-Neelix

It went like that : Hmmm blurry… blurry… wow, wait… I'm stating to *Right eye won the battle* forget what I was saying, please
sad.gif

Hi! I'm looking to enable stereoscopic (S-3D) output on the Pandora.

Some options could include

1) Swapping screen for auto-stereoscopic display such as the MasterImage Display

2) USB ---> SisUSB(providing it can be accelerated to acceptable speeds) ---> Matrox Dual head (for dual output)---> 2X Pico Projector with quarter wave retarder used to achieve separate polarization --> Silver screen with passive glasses.

3) S-Video Scaler / Dual output

4) Active-shutter bluetooth synchronized glasses using the existing display. Find a commercially available version and hack it. Can the Pandora display do 60fps for 30x30fps? 50?

5) A Stereoscope that attaches to the screen - each image would only be 1/2 the screen wide. Simple, very low tech.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereoscope

An odd note - I own a stereoscopic 50mm adapter for my Pentax SLR. Using it with landscape stills I can create prints that work with these. It's kind of fun.

6) Use of prisms and a stereoscope to take the left & right 1/2 of the screen, rotate them 90* and supply each eye with a landscape version of the 1/2 and 1/2 portraits. Heavy, requires optical tricks.

the only true 3D will be actual projected holograms in a real spacial area OR some sort of device which tracks the conversion point of your pupils and adjusts the depth of field in the simulated stereoscopic plane. Until we have technology at that level 3D does not exist, it is just a cheap trick to make you hand over more cash.
Holographic presentation is a wonderful concept, I totally believe the technology will come, just as I believe in the flying car.

You mean, like, a volumetric display? ;)

http://gl.ict.usc.edu/Research/3DDisplay/

https://www.youtube.com/embed/y0xptspGpkc?feature=oembed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volumetric_display

Last edited by a moderator:
Back