Stepseq2X

Grz-

Still Fresh
stepSeq2x is a full 16 steps sample sequencer for gp2x

stepseq2x.png

Features:

- F100/F200 (touchscreen) support
- Unlimited numbers of channels/samples
- Load any 16bit .wav samples (located in samples folder)
- Per channels volume and panning, mute/unmute
- MIDI export with ss2xToMid
- Copy/Paste support
- Save and load
- 16 steps pattern sequencer with song mode (can make 24h of music maximum)

Controls:

On gp2x F100 you can push any buttons of the dpad to move the cursor and push to simulate a click.
On gp2x F200 you can use the touchscreen to move and click.

[HOME] - Exit the program (or quit the save screen).
[SELECT] - Play/Stop.
[VOL+/-] - Change BPM or selected values appearing usually in red on the screen.
[L/R] - Depends of the mode selected using [Y], modify LPB, pattern location, display the second screen or scroll the channel list.
[A] - Copy current pattern.
[X] - Paste the pattern buffer to the actual pattern or exit the current menu selection.
- Simulate a click or validate menu selection.
[Y] - Cycle trough stepSeq2x [L/R] mode.

Performances depends of the number of channels displayed on screen, this is caused by SDL which is slow with lines drawing, i recommend to enable the minimal GUI mode in the configuration screen to boost the application speed or alternatively to enable RAM hack in gmenu2x.

Note on this software:

I wanted a simple drum sequencer on gp2x to help making (mainly) beats, since existing drum sequencer were too limited and no more updated i made this software from scratch, if you have any features that you would want to see, feel free to post them here.

You can add any 16bits .wav samples in the 'samples' folder, they will appear in the file browser in stepSeq2x, you can also export your finished .ss2x song sequence to .mid using ss2xToMid, only windows binarie is provided but it should be portable on any systems anyway.

All samples that come with this software are downloaded from SAMPLES.KB6.DE and are free to use.

Download link:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,6,2829

Windows binarie is available here (some features of the gp2x like copy/paste is still unsupported):
http://garzul.tonsite.biz/stepSeq2x/stepSeq2x_Win32.zip

Attachments

• stepseq2x.png
    stepseq2x.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 143
very nice to see a new music app for gp2x, unfortunately i am committed to using ipod touch for mobile music making at the mo!

:) Great App ... and huge work i think .
Works good on my F200...thank you very much .

I fixed a odd bug that could make the app crashing after saving the gp2x global volume and also i managed to make diagonals to work, the file in the archive will be updated soon (today i guess), here is a direct link to the fixed version:

http://garzul.tonsite.biz/stepSeq2x/stepSeq2x.zip

I will consider a Wiz port after i optimize the audio engine on GP2X (as SDL_mixer is pretty unoptimized for this kind of apps), this could take less than 2 month depending on my time, i don't mind if someone want to port it before tho, it use only SDL and SDL mixer, perfs on Wiz would be greatly improved i guess.

Hello,

I'm a new member, since i've got my gp2x wiz :)
What a good news to read that your sequencer will be ported on wiz! For the moment, i didn't manage to find anything to play music on wiz.
I think we've got to wait for trackers, and maybe pure data!

Chears

Hello,

the update could take more time than i thought, 1 or 2 month more, the app is far to have tracker complexity btw.., its more a beat maker i guess, i have already the Wiz SDK working so when it will be released it will be for both platform.

Next (and final i think) version get rid of all performances related problems (was critical :lol: ) and bring severals effects per channels/samples (delay, bitcrusher, sample offset etc...) as well as load of minors fix/improvements, it will be much more usable than before i hope:

ss2xn.png

Attachments

• ss2xn.png
    ss2xn.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 126
Any people tried it using Ginge? Would know if it work on Wiz... as i lack motivation/time to port it :)

Grz- said:
Any people tried it using Ginge? Would know if it work on Wiz... as i lack motivation/time to port it :)
I will test it :)
I tell you the result on monday, don't have the time yet.
I tested little gp tracker on ginge, it works fine ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back