Staying private on internet.

The reason why americans would never overthrow their government although they would not be as easily hammered down as the unarmed people in the rest of the world is,

that the american propaganda system ist the best working that I know of. The republicans AND the democrats have found their best tool for it (TV) and have perfectioned their methods.

By letting people have guns, you give them a false sense of power, even if they do not even have power over their own thoughts/beliefs.

Eliminating uproars in the mind of the population by a big web of lies and intrigues is so much more cost efficent than using physical force and works in the long term, as long as there are no whistleblowers,

that is why these are the biggest problem in this system and are hunted down so eagerly.

The bad education there does it's part and seems to be essential for this control system.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be frank if we were to overthrow our government ( chuckle snort ) it would be replaced with ine just as bad . And any how though we have enough small arms to take the Feds we have a major lack of hell fire missiles . Also we can't have full auto made after '86 , which was more of a privilege to begin with . OF COURSE ( and let's hope the NSA doesn't see this ... ) there are boatloads and boatloads of militia groups in the us . They just don't run around shouting " durka , durka , Mohamhed Jihad !!! " so they're much less obvious . I ( and a few friends ) may have chewed over forming one ( its technically legal ) forming one just to get post 86 machine guns ( technically legal for millitias , just as its technically legal to dress in lingarre ) as weekend toys , but figured walking around in bdus and showing up at the range with m60s might draw a bit of attention

:( .

In other news pr0n use amongst people whose family works at NSA has dropped dramatically :p

To be frank if we were to overthrow our government ( chuckle snort ) it would be replaced with ine just as bad . And any how though we have enough small arms to take the Feds we have a major lack of hell fire missiles . Also we can't have full auto made after '86 , which was more of a privilege to begin with . OF COURSE ( and let's hope the NSA doesn't see this ... ) there are boatloads and boatloads of militia groups in the us . They just don't run around shouting " durka , durka , Mohamhed Jihad !!! " so they're much less obvious . I ( and a few friends ) may have chewed over forming one ( its technically legal ) forming one just to get post 86 machine guns ( technically legal for millitias , just as its technically legal to dress in lingarre ) as weekend toys , but figured walking around in bdus and showing up at the range with m60s might draw a bit of attention

:( .

In other news pr0n use amongst people whose family works at NSA has dropped dramatically :p
This is a warning.

You're on my list now.

Be careful with your words.

From now on I'll track everything you do.

Right wing , left wing , as long as you are on a spherical planet ( Belgium is in Europe , which is on Earth , which , unless I miss my mark or you're writing from an alternate parellel dimension where planets are shaped differently , is round ) whichever ever way you head you land in the same spot . Don't forget we ( Americans ) hate our government as you do - we must live with it . Also governments are just a means of regulating the mind .

I see a main problem of the american political system in the simple fact that they basicly only have TWO political parties and no real "independent" opposition. Reps and Dems, 2 sides of the same medal, boring.  You reall need much more parties, green, red, pink, purple, whatever.  At the moment, the USA actualy only have one political party more than for example China and North Korea, think about that. ;)

But I don't think the US gov. is regulating the mind, its the Corporate America and the funny thing is, the US people OBEY to the Corporates, they do whatever a Company tells tehm. Buy an iPhone! Eat at McDonalds! Buy this, buy that. I like how US people don't want to get dictated by the government. Now they just need to also resist the dictatorship of the corporates. ^^

The advantage of Americans vs the rest of the world is that you do have access to guns in case you need to overthrow your government and defend yourselves. Not saying that I believe it would ever happen in the US, but I guess the possibility is there.

In other countries, whenever serious protests arise, they get massively hammered by the police and the military.
I wouldn't see this as advantage, it's a sign of pure fear, basicly governemnt and NRA driven. They define guns as "freedom" but nobody is free if he has to fear to get shot every second.  In germany, where only ther Gov. has the "Monopoly on violence", our national freedom is actualy defined by no general speedlimit on the Autobahns.  Can also be deadly but it's much more fun than shooting a gun, for sure. :D

Never forget: only cowards need guns, real men with balls use their bare fists and feet, Chuck Norris style! B)

It's interesting to see what others (non-citizens) think about the U.S...sometimes I think about this.  There are still a lot of misconceptions and paranoia on all sides, and this is one of many reasons why I like blogging with International folks.  It expands my outlook on things and hopefully vice versa. Things sure have changed since I was last traveling abroad (back in 1998) - I immensely enjoyed my 2-week vacation in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.  Took the EuroRail pass through countries and it was a seamless system. The people were great - always...to talk too, but I wouldn't be surprised if American's reputation has been tarnished since then.  It's understandable.

Not took long after that, Clinton was out of office, we had a new president and 9/11 happened and well, "we" decided to battle terrorism.  That's almost an impossible battle to win.  I guess that only living well eliminates that sort of disenfranchisement from the human race...that's a messy argument that I'd care not to go into just now.  I doubt that the human race will ever see a Utopian environment where all people are content to not kill each other...here's hoping though.

I think that basically we are all the same...like a cloned-snowflake...just kidding.  But, what I mean is that we're all human, and we live our lives and try to do the right thing by others around us - minus the sociopaths, but that's also what WE have in common.  Regardless of what country we live in, or what religion (or not) that you follow, any particular ideology that you believe or what political system that you live under, WE are the same.  I know this enough from meeting people from across the globe.

All's that I ask is that you try to not judge others by what misdeeds that their governments do.  I don't think that Polish people are stupid just because of some World War II propaganda.  I hate talking politics.  I like sports and computers and women...oh and beer.  That's basically it.  I try to not concern/worry myself with things that I can't control.  I accept that every word that I type can be viewed by anyone on the internet.  There are always others with more (hacking) skills than I.  I'm not naive, and I like to think that I have a fairly healthy dose of paranoia.  Sometimes my country giveth and sometimes it taketh away from the greater good of worldwide benefit.  If not for the US, then would we have the internet?  Would you be reading these misguided ramblings of mine right now?

That's surely food for thought and so is this freshly cracked can of Lutefisk that I'm going to enjoooooohHHoollly hell, WTF??

Right wing , left wing , as long as you are on a spherical planet ( Belgium is in Europe , which is on Earth , which , unless I miss my mark or you're writing from an alternate parellel dimension where planets are shaped differently , is round ) whichever ever way you head you land in the same spot . Don't forget we ( Americans ) hate our government as you do - we must live with it . Also governments are just a means of regulating the mind .
I see a main problem of the american political system in the simple fact that they basicly only have TWO political parties and no real "independent" opposition. Reps and Dems, 2 sides of the same medal, boring. You reall need much more parties, green, red, pink, purple, whatever. At the moment, the USA actualy only have one political party more than for example China and North Korea, think about that. ;)

But I don't think the US gov. is regulating the mind, its the Corporate America and the funny thing is, the US people OBEY to the Corporates, they do whatever a Company tells tehm. Buy an iPhone! Eat at McDonalds! Buy this, buy that. I like how US people don't want to get dictated by the government. Now they just need to also resist the dictatorship of the corporates. ^^

/>
/>The advantage of Americans vs the rest of the world is that you do have access to guns in case you need to overthrow your government and defend yourselves. Not saying that I believe it would ever happen in the US, but I guess the possibility is there.

In other countries, whenever serious protests arise, they get massively hammered by the police and the military.
I wouldn't see this as advantage, it's a sign of pure fear, basicly governemnt and NRA driven. They define guns as "freedom" but nobody is free if he has to fear to get shot every second. In germany, where only ther Gov. has the "Monopoly on violence", our national freedom is actualy defined by no general speedlimit on the Autobahns. Can also be deadly but it's much more fun than shooting a gun, for sure. :D

Never forget: only cowards need guns, real men with balls use their bare fists and feet, Chuck Norris style! B)
On the first thing : pretty much .
On the 2nd : then why the need for the military to use guns .

What if the NSA starts flagging people who download emulators as potential game piraters ?

Id just like to pop in here and say, as an american, I do not live in fear of getting shot. However, I own guns because I enjoy hunting. There is a great satisfaction that comes from eating deer that you shot, cleaned and cooked yourself. Same goes for fishing. I love catching fish and eating it. Its a lot more expensive than masproduced food, but it tastes so much better. Plus, I have the right as an American to own a gun, so why the fuck not? On the very slim chance I need it (see: craigslist deal gone wrong) I have it. What I find dumb about people around the world arguing against the ownership of guns is that they themselves have never gone through the process to get a license, purchase, and use one themselves. Once you actually fire a gun, you fall in love. The thrill IMO, beats any brand of Amsterdam Weed or German brew. :) my 2 cents

What I find dumb about people around the world arguing against the ownership of guns is that they themselves have never gone through the process to get a license, purchase, and use one themselves. Once you actually fire a gun, you fall in love.
Sorry, but I'll finish my millitia service soon and I can't wait to have the right to return my awful assault rifle...

Id just like to pop in here and say, as an american, I do not live in fear of getting shot. However, I own guns because I enjoy hunting. There is a great satisfaction that comes from eating deer that you shot, cleaned and cooked yourself. Same goes for fishing. I love catching fish and eating it. Its a lot more expensive than masproduced food, but it tastes so much better. Plus, I have the right as an American to own a gun, so why the fuck not? On the very slim chance I need it (see: craigslist deal gone wrong) I have it. What I find dumb about people around the world arguing against the ownership of guns is that they themselves have never gone through the process to get a license, purchase, and use one themselves. Once you actually fire a gun, you fall in love. The thrill IMO, beats any brand of Amsterdam Weed or German brew. :) my 2 cents
As elwing already hinted in most european countries there is (or at least was) some kind of military service that at least the male part of the population had to attend. So most of these non gun non-lovers probably fired a gun. Me too, and I did not fall in love at all, it was just another obstacle to pass.

As for the shooting and eating animals: Maybe you get even more satisfaction eating the results of your struggle if you do real hard work with your hands instead of hiding cowardly behind some rock/tree/whatever and shot something from the distance, without any real danger (except other hunters of course): grow some food.

^  I think that you really touched upon an important point there - the military service that certain male Europeans HAVE TO DO (or has had to?).  There hasn't been an American "draft" since Vietnam - I was just a baby.  Us Americans don't need to "arm" ourselves, some of us just do it for fun.  Yes, we obviously kill each other more, because we have guns, but that's also a deterrent against tyranny.  If you're going to rule a population, at least make us fat and happy...remember - we are "all" armed potentially.  It's NOT the actual physical force - I can't stand against a tank, but it's the fact that it won't come to that - the populous keeps the Government in a certain type of "check".

Also, Europe has been (in the last 100+years) ravaged with war and it's a stark reminder for us ALL to behave and play nice with others.  The European Union was founded and that seems to have given yourselves a valuable currency and it might not always work out for the "weakest link" in the chain, but eventually I think it will.  

I do believe that this world is getting better.  You've all taken me a step closer to that realization - the Open Source & Pandora way.

but that's also a deterrent against tyranny.
But there is no reason to believe that is will be really happening in the U.S. With the european continent already beeing the birthplace of several dictatorships (Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece,..) shouldn't we be more worried about tyranny thus arming ourselves ?

calvin.jpg

but that's also a deterrent against tyranny.
But there is no reason to believe that is will be really happening in the U.S. With the european continent already beeing the birthplace of several dictatorships (Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece,..) shouldn't we be more worried about tyranny thus arming ourselves ?
Well, that's also an interesting question...and who knows the future, but I think that you just can't kill each other over the same ground in such a short time span - memories of the fallen and all.  People - the living, remember.  It's a cautionary tale....about how expendable human life can be.  The populous wakes up and realizes that the dictators are mad, and you all desire to have peace.

Plus, you just can't fight conventional wars like you used to.  The U.S. military is soooooo far advanced in coming up with ways to fight the next enemy.  I'm just hoping that my own government doesn't declare war on magical garden gnomes....(scurries away)....

@Klumpin. That comic brings up an interesting point. Why do we value human life so much? Being that we are the most destructive creatures on this planet, shouldn't there be less of us? Wars, in that sense, aid in the long term to keep the population down.

What if the NSA starts flagging people who download emulators as potential game piraters ?
:-||"" Uh... *looking at my Software collection*... DAMN NSA, HOW DARE THEY...! KILL THEM WITH FIRE!!!! 

:D

I know people who just heared the first time a real gun shot, they were so scared that they never enven thought about touching a gun. If people are not "infected" with the gun virus from the childhood, I think this kind of fetish will not be that dominant. That's the reason why little Kids in the USA already come in contact with real guns. I would find it better if the gun ownership is limited to 18+ Years, not earlier.

I was at the german Army from 1997-1998, I've shoot with Pistols, the original UZI, the G3, the well known MG42, various Grenades, even a Anti Tank RPG. And that was actualy enough for my taste. Yes, when we were younger, me and my buddy crawled through the pampa, with self built wood guns, Knives, Military Outfit and we also drawn brutal Comics where we did bloody  massacres on gazillions of evil Enemies, fun times. :D  But even I growed up. 

However, Different Countries, different laws. I respect the freedom of (some) american laws. They are allowed to hunt (in germany you need a professional Hunter license that needs many hours of training and a exam at the end ) and if they want to own guns, let them, as long as they fight illegal guns. Well, this law is actualy stone-old from the time of the independent wars and actualy only covered frontloader muskets but ok, details, details... ;)

Not sure if guns can beat "Amsterdam Weed or German brew", I don't smoke and I don't drink alcohol. But I'm sure it never beats good old SEX. :D  We have this here in Europe, not sure if people have Sex in the USA... :ph34r:

How I like to say: In America, people have guns, in Europe, people have Sex.  ;)

@Klumpin. That comic brings up an interesting point. Why do we value human life so much? Being that we are the most destructive creatures on this planet, shouldn't there be less of us? Wars, in that sense, aid in the long term to keep the population down.

Funny Comic, I never knew that C&H also had such "brutal" stories. ^^

I'm actualy more a friend of animals than a friend of humans (no, I'm not a Furry :D ). I remember the monlog from Agent Smith from the Matrix. We are like a virus, not really good for this planet. I really hope the Mankind will advance more in the Star Trek direction, than in the Matrix direction. But this seems to be a loooong way.

To come back to the topic, I've started to check my Browser addons and removed AdblockPlus 'n stuff.  Sadly, not every alternative is available for Opera, but at least on my Pandora, I was able to replace "Ghostery" with "Disconnect".

LOL! I cracked up, yes we have sex in the US. But because of our fucked up laws, depending on what state you're in, two different people may or may not be allowed to have sex. Depending on age, race, gender, etc. In some places two people can, and in other places the same two people can't. And in the US, you have to be 18 to get a gun license and own one, but often parents let kids use their guns. The cops just look the other way, because its a cultural thing that would be silly to try and stop.

And on topic, I did't read the whole thread, but I assume TOR was discussed. For those who are unaware, about held of the Exit nodes in the US are actually government run and tracked. So, for those who are concerned, just don't use US exit nodes ;)

Back