Star Ocean And Tales Of Phantasia

Oh my god, you opened three threads about the same topic!
I don`t think you will be answered faster, you will just be flamed!

The community doesn`t like to get her board spammed :angry:
So, don`t do it again!

To answer your question: No!

it might have been an accidental triple-post. it's the first one I've seen, though. W1NN4R!

and to answer your questions - NO! NO! NO!

nice one Quiest. BTW, your sig is too big :p

toxibunny posted on Feb 17 2005 at 12:03 PM said:
BTW, your sig is too big :p

Really?
I was so proud of it :D
Well, I think I make it smaller then, and think of something new...

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll have to try these anyway, i can play samurai showdown pefectly fine without sound on my GP32 and the rom size is larger than 4mb.

Well, then try it. Like you would be the first person to try and noticing that they don`t work... <_<

4 mb is like 4.194.816 bytes which is why you think its "larger" than 4 mb, but it isn`t!
That`s why it`s working. And Star Ocean and Tales Of Phantasia won`t work because they are 6 mb large.

And in the case of Star Ocean, it`s even hard to emulate on a pc emu (zsnes for example) cause it has to emulate a special graphic chip I think...

could a stripped down version of Tales of Phantasia work? I mean, if someone were to take all the sound out or something it wouldn't be that big of a deal since a lot of people play without sound anyway.

shinneri posted on Feb 17 2005 at 10:50 PM said:
could a stripped down version of Tales of Phantasia work? I mean, if someone were to take all the sound out or something it wouldn't be that big of a deal since a lot of people play without sound anyway.

We had that already... yeah, it could work.
If you'd find someone who can disassemble this thing.
You can't just delete the sound files - we're talking about cartrigdes here.
They have a fixed size and you can't just remove anything.
The main code calls all routines, sounds and graphics by their location in the rom - this means, that all these calls would have to be rewritten...

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Feb 17 2005 at 11:24 PM said:
shinneri posted on Feb 17 2005 at 10:50 PM said:

We had that already... yeah, it could work.
If you'd find someone who can disassemble this thing.
You can't just delete the sound files - we're talking about cartrigdes here.
They have a fixed size and you can't just remove anything.
The main code calls all routines, sounds and graphics by their location in the rom - this means, that all these calls would have to be rewritten...

Anyone here with the ability to do this? :D

This may sound stupid, but after you have dissassembled it couldnt you just change all of the sound files to be blank instead of getting rid of them? That way you dont need to rewrite anthing

Quiest posted on Feb 18 2005 at 04:37 PM said:
Yeah, good idea! Any thoughts? (bump B) )

an uncompressed sound file full of 0s takes up just as much space... ;)

so someone plase can make it??? Ha, is there a way to play the street fihter alpha 2 snes rom on our gp32?On mine it play but with a point graphic!

Back