Squidges New Site

thelamer

ARRR I'm A Pirate
Website
www.skankpost.com
I have been working on and off the last week on a new site for squidge with more features and it's own file archive for up to date builds .

http://www.squidge2x.com

He is busy right now and hasn't added any files or started to mess with his bug tracker for his software .

You can find his file archive here http://www.squidge2x.com/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi probally bailing on this software as it has bugged out beyond control evvery time I try and fix it . Probally better off sticking with evildragons archive .

You can find the bug tracker here http://www.squidge2x.com/mantis/

If anyone has used mantis and would like to add some issues and help bug bash feel free .

I started this because of my want for a full speed SNES emu and I believe if more developers and users could get together on this project a lot more could get done .

For Serious Developers

I would be happy to buy a domain and build and host a site for any really serious developers out there . If you feel that you project needs its own site let me know and I will work with you to get a site up for it . I am no developer but I am pretty decent at building sites and see this as my way to give back to the community . I would like to work on one for Reesy next if you are interested man :) .

Feedback is appreciated . B)

Any plans to put in a small google ads thingy for little more $ for Squidge? (Probably tiny, but every penny helps)

Nice site by the way.

moz posted on May 18 2006 at 06:47 PM said:
declaration posted on May 18 2006 at 06:39 PM said:
You could almost buy a top of the range gaming PC for that price.
err no
You seem good at image editing but your not actually buildning sites. Your just installing 3 different packages made by other people. So really your COMPILING a site using different packages :p Good job though. On the image editing and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher posted on May 21 2006 at 10:24 PM said:
err no
You seem good at image editing but your not actually buildning sites. Your just installing 3 different packages made by other people. So really your COMPILING a site using different packages :p Good job though. On the image editing and such.
So that's what... WordPress, cfiles and mantis? It's rather a nice compilation, and of course you have to configure stuff.

By the way, sam, what's up with the quote? :p

I guess It's not like I remove copyright messages from the software . You could argue that this site is just built off an invision install and a portal . And that Hando and EvilDragon had nothing to do with it but adding images .

Squidge was comfortable with worpress and the file archive on this site so that is what I choose to use .

thelamer posted on May 21 2006 at 10:28 PM said:
I guess It's not like I remove copyright messages from the software . You could argue that this site is just built off an invision install and a portal . And that Hando and EvilDragon had nothing to do with it but adding images .

Squidge was comfortable with worpress and the file archive on this site so that is what I choose to use .
I know. SOrry I was overly harsh. I didnt mean to be. I have only ever run about two sites made myself, that looked anygood. I actually Use Cfiles anyway.

sam fisher posted on May 21 2006 at 10:24 PM said:
err no

what the heck is my quote doing there?

anyhow back to the plot, the site looks good :)

thelamer posted on May 21 2006 at 11:28 PM said:

Hah, wish that was the only thing I needed to do. I actually changed quite a bit of cfiles code (i.e. had eMail problems, I wanted pictures as categories, etc.).
Oh, and @thelamer: I haven't forgotten your cfiles-RSS-Feed-wish... I'll look up the correct files, it was soooo long ago I included that :)

Cool to see someone who creates dev sites :)
I can only offer hosting, as I don't have any time to do more :/

Last edited:
thelamer posted on May 22 2006 at 03:15 AM said:
Yeah thanx for the hookup and I was trying to be sarcastic .

And I still have about 40 gigs of bandwidth to go around if any developers are interested .
Ive got plenty of space but not to much time so GO LAMER :p

40 Gig bandwidth? Ha, that's nothing!
The gp2x File Archive alone has 500 Gig bandwidth per month ;)

Now ED don't insult his bandwidth. He is making devs custom sites and honestly one developer is not goign to use that much bandwidth. Vobbo's had quite a few downloads and only used 300mb or so far the past two weeks.

Back