Spout

dockthepod

This game is fantastic. I can't stop playing it. I've probably put in 2 or 3 hours on it in the past couple of days. The gameplay/control is just perfect.

Can anyone recommend other homebrew games that are this addicting? Maybe even ones not on the GP2X yet that I could port.

Thanks!

Too bad someone didn't take my suggestion to make a "Spout DX". It takes the current game and adds options like color, sound, and other effects.

Thanks for the suggestions guys... and DaveC... thanks for your Cap :) I bought a used GP2X and it had one already. So comfy.

Too bad someone didn't take my suggestion to make a "Spout DX". It takes the current game and adds options like color, sound, and other effects.
That would spoil the pure idea behind it: simplicity. :)

- Alex

It wouldn't spoil anything. There would be an option to play the silent ,half-screen, monochrome version for those that would want it.

There would be nothing wrong with a version with better graphics and sound. The core gameplay would be the same it would just look and sound better.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would spoil the pure idea behind it: simplicity. :)

- Alex

It wouldn't spoil anything. There would be an option to play the silent ,half-screen, monochrome version for those that would want it.

There would be nothing wrong with a version with better graphics and sound. The core gameplay would be the same it would just look and sound better.
if that happened, I would cry

the spoutness of the gp2x is great, spouting on the gp32 wasn't nearly as enjoyable as this. the problem is that if you get good at it, you get highscores that takes 30+ mins to beat, so there would be nice if there was a spout II with higher difficulty imo. thank joo.

has anyone managed to make this great game play full screen on the 2x.
mine plays with quite a larger boarder.
i tried changing the options, using that code stuff, boy i'm technical, no go!
i could have read the instructions wrong, this may only apply to running it on other systems.
could someone put me straight.
thaks for your time.

I was toying with the idea of writing an 'inverse' spout based on the original code, but instead of blasting away at the maze, I was going to make the particles stick to the walls of a maze with thin walls - you'd then have to navigate your way through the maze (up the screen) but in this case you'd have to choose your route carefully because you'll be filling it in as you go, if you see what I mean. As it gets higher (harder) the corridors of the maze could get thinner...

dockthepod - Noiz2sa is another cool 'simple' game - worth trying out...

Why does eveything today have to have 1000 features and millions of colours? What's wrong with a simple game that's actually 100% focused on gameplay (although I think that it sports very nice visuals, simple as they are).

- Alex

Why does eveything today have to have 1000 features and millions of colours? What's wrong with a simple game that's actually 100% focused on gameplay (although I think that it sports very nice visuals, simple as they are).

- Alex

You could say why would we want anything more than an Atari 2600 for a games console then too ;)

Back