Speaker-toggle For 1.4.0?

k3nn

One of my biggest uses for my '2x is watching videos on the train --- something I'm sadly unable to do since 1.4.0 came out and stopped the speaker-toggle utility working (I have the problem where the speakers don't stop when I put headphones in).
I was wondering if some kind person could help me out by making a new speaker-toggle that worked? ...I'm too scared to try soldering, so don't suggest that please :p

I'm still sitting waiting for a new version :( I thought maybe the menu executable was to blame, so tried running toggle in a script before the program I wanted..that is
Code:
#!/bin/sh
./speaker-toggle
./selector ./ffplay_config

cd /usr/gp2x
exec ./gp2xmenu

but it didn't work..maybe I'm just noob.

There's still none that I'm aware of.

I was getting so annoyed with it that I finally took the plunge a couple days back and soldered the connection. I was pretty scared I'd break something, but it worked pretty well (on my 2nd try :p) and now I can happily sit watching videos on the bus/train...

So yeah, basically I recommend you be brave and solder it up if it's at all possible. It's really not that hard, and it works a treat..if you really can't manage that, then it looks like you'll be stuck with the problem for a while.

k3nn posted on Mar 16 2006 at 06:54 PM said:
There's still none that I'm aware of.

I was getting so annoyed with it that I finally took the plunge a couple days back and soldered the connection. I was pretty scared I'd break something, but it worked pretty well (on my 2nd try :p) and now I can happily sit watching videos on the bus/train...

So yeah, basically I recommend you be brave and solder it up if it's at all possible. It's really not that hard, and it works a treat..if you really can't manage that, then it looks like you'll be stuck with the problem for a while.

Is there somewhere that shows a tutorial on this, or at least what connection to solder? Help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there somewhere that shows a tutorial on this, or at least what connection to solder? Help would be much appreciated.

Yes, there is, here

although there are no pictures it is well described

Last edited by a moderator:
If some people are still interested in that, I made an updated speaker-toggle that works on recent firmwares (my soldering fix did not last forever).

I will put it on the archive as soon as I make some more tests: something stupid in newer firmwares resets the sound level every now and then, so I added a daemon mode that mutes the speakers every second. Not pretty, but at least I can play in the train again! (until I buy a new mark2 gp2x...)

Back