Sound And Gameplay Issues

Daggerlee

Still Fresh
OK, i finally got my GP2X with 3.0 firmware to work with MAME 3.7. But now some game are very choppy and seem to lag. And the sound lags bigtime.

Any advice?????

craigix posted on Mar 10 2007 at 08:34 PM said:
Tell us the games and we will tell you how to play them at the correct speed.

Ok, Mortal Kombat is slow. Wonderboy in monsterland music lags and game play is slowed. Some SNES games like Satuday Night Slam masters is slow.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Try some older games, or overclock.

If you want to overclock, the easiest way is to install Gmenu2x so you can set overclock/ram timings settings for each program.

Don't expect to be able to get all your favorites working fast enough.

Daggerlee posted on Mar 11 2007 at 03:43 AM said:

Ok, Mortal Kombat is slow. Wonderboy in monsterland music lags and game play is slowed. Some SNES games like Satuday Night Slam masters is slow.

Thanks for the help!

Can you play Mortal Kombat in MAME? I have never get it to play, only black screen.And i have the romset verified.

Rivroner posted on Mar 10 2007 at 11:07 PM said:

Thanks for the help!

Can you play Mortal Kombat in MAME? I have never get it to play, only black screen.And i have the romset verified.

Well, ive got it to load, i also have got as far as the main screen. its a bootleg copy. I have Gmenu installed. what should my clock speed set to? how high should my over clock speed set to?

If I were you i'd just play MK1/2/3 on another system (the arcade isn't emulated very well), I think the megadrive has very good versions of MK2 and 3.

Wonderboy 2 try the SMS or PCE versions (nice). You might enjoy Wonderboy3 on the SMS too - best wonderboy.

For other later arcade games you should try the stand alone emus, like CPS2 and Neogeo.

Daggerlee posted on Mar 11 2007 at 07:11 AM said:
Rivroner posted on Mar 10 2007 at 11:07 PM said:

Thanks for the help!

Well, ive got it to load, i also have got as far as the main screen. its a bootleg copy. I have Gmenu installed. what should my clock speed set to? how high should my over clock speed set to?

But not in game isn´t it? I just get to pres start, then it crash.

Back