Some Icons

Don Flamenco

Still Fresh
Hi dudes

I got some spare time this afternoon and I made icons for some wiz programs, they are nothing special but I like to share them with all of you, hope you like them, all constructive opinions are welcome:

These are some I made for Prboom (32x32)
doom.png

doom2.png

doomtnt.png

These are for Quake 1 and Quake 2 (32x32)
quake.png

quake2.png

This is for Rise of The Triads (32x32)
rott.png

This one is for Great Giana Sisters (openggs)(32x32)
openggs.png

This is for Jazz Jackrabbit (openjazz)(32x32)
openjazz.png

And these for Giana Returns (22x25)
gr1.png

gr2d.png

Hope you like them, if you have any sugestions please let me know

P.D: sorry for my bad English

Excellent job, perhaps other people could post their icons on here. (There's still a lot of games without them!)
I think 22 x 25 is the prefered size.
No problem though I'll just resize them with paint.
I've sussed out to convert 32 x 32 to 22 x 25 the percentages are 68% horizontal and 78% vertical.

Neil L said:
Excellent job, perhaps other people could post their icons on here. (There's still a lot of games without them!)
I've sussed out to convert 32 x 32 to 22 x 25 the percentages are 68% horizontal and 78% vertical.

It sounds good, we can make an icon thread or something :)

Mmm, those icons worked well for me at that resolution (32 x 32), there are some significant difference? I'll try next time using that resolution

Thanks for your kind comments :)

EDIT: I followed your advice Neil L and I made these two for Giana Returns at that resolution

gr1.png

gr2d.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Optimistic said:
Here's a few I put together. They're not great, but do the job:

NeoGeo/ NeoGeo CD

NES

Sega

SNES

Text Reader

For not being "great" they look awesome :D, I specially like the NES one

Here are some I made for my Wiz:

Amiga
a500.png

C-64
c64.png

CPS2
cps2.png

FBA
fba.png

GameBoy
66311964.png

GameBoy Color
gbc.png

GameBoy Advance
gba.png

MAME
mameicon.png

SEGA GameGear
30901388.png

SEGA Master System
mastersytem.png

SEGA MegaDrive / Genesis
megadrive.png

NeoGeo CD
neogeocd.png

Nintendo Entertainment System
nes.png

Super Nintendo Entertainment System
snes.png

PC-Engine / Turbografx
pcengine.png

And some Game Icons:

Battlejewels
battlejewels.png

Blingo
blingo.png

Blix
blix.png

CDogs
cdogs.png

DOOM 1
doom1.png

DOOM 2
doom2b.png

Giana's Return
gianasreturn.png

Nazca Dreams
nazcadreams.png

Nazca Runners
nazcarunners.png

Nazca Sphere
nazcasphere.png

New Pang
newpang.png

Noiz2sa
noiz2sa.png

OpenGGS
openggs.png

Phishy
phishy.png

Sleuthslots
sleuthslots.png

TetWiz
tetwiz.png

Warcraft
86990652.png

X-Com 1
xcom1.png

X-Com 2
xcom2.png

Ooh, there's some on here I haven't got yet!
The one's from the last 2 posts by Tandon (the icon master) are 24 x 24.
I've just resized some of these with paint to 22 x 25. (With the 'image - resize/skew' option)
The percentages are 90% horizontal & 105% vertical.
By the way, how to you post images on here?

so can u add those on the menu that u download or what els can i do with them?

tokugawa said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'menu that u download', they're used on the Wiz games menu.
The instructions are here: http://www.gp2xwiz.co.uk/wiki/Creating_A_Shortcut_In_The_Wiz_Games_Menu
Cheers, Neil

Ah i thought the gmenu2x, i have some questions concerning this; a)where can i get these icons
b)so these icons they appear in the menu (top left) where it says wiz games then?

concerning the wiki, im completely lost ive been reading 2 days and nights non stop about how to install emu's now for example this stuff i just dont get it i dont even understand how to install emu's and ive read all the read me's and googled every possible question. I mean i need a dictonary to understand all these words, and my english is pretty good. I'm feeling pretty stupid right now (because i've tried it over and over and no result).

Neil L said:
tokugawa said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'menu that u download', they're used on the Wiz games menu.
The instructions are here: http://www.gp2xwiz.co.uk/wiki/Creating_A_Shortcut_In_The_Wiz_Games_Menu
Cheers, Neil

a)where can i get these icons
b)so these icons they appear in the menu (top left) where it says wiz games then?

a) Right click on the icon and "Save Picture As" (Windows) then place them in the correct game's folder
B) You need to have an .ini file for the selected game in the "game" folder on your SD card. I use Notepad on XP to create them. Standard format is -
Code:
[info]
name="XXX"
path="/XXX Folder/XXX.gpe"
icon="/XXX Folder/XXX.png"

Where XXX is the name of the game and folder as they appear EXACTLY on your sd card.

So for Instance, my Balloonacy game will appear as -
Code:
[info]
name="Balloonacy"
path="/Balloonacy/balloonacy.wiz.gpe"
icon="/Balloonacy/balloonacy.png"

You can use any name in the name$="" part; for instance you can call Pocket SNES "Cool SNES EMU" if you want, but the rest must reflect the actual names of the files.

Hi, thanks 4 reply. So i just type the 3 lines in notepad with the name of emu i use it 4, And then where do i paste it just anywhere in the game folder.

Thanks loads.

Yep, paste the image into the chosen emu or game's folder and make sure that the ICON path points to the icon in the game's folder.

And it's 4 lines - you must include the "[info]" bit too (although I've not tried without it). Remember, make sure the names of the files and folders match exactly.

The .ini file should be outside of the emu/game folder, in the "game" folder on your SD card.

Neil L said:

Here's the link to all the icons I currently use, I use 25x25 for all of mine, I'm not sure if its the most optimized size but it looks nice on my Wiz so I stuck with it.
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/MiOdd/Icons/

Hi,

New to this and haven't received my wiz yet! Well, i received one and the right shoulder button was stuck so had to send it back before i even had a chance to turn it on!!! I know you can feel the pain!!

Love these icons but am i being stupid when i say: do i need the gmenu to have these icons or can i use them straight out of the box? Do they replace the game title in the list or what!

I know i should wait till i've got my wiz and try it out but i'm already gutted i'm still waiting for it to arrive for the second time and want to crack straight on when it arrives!!

Cheers!

There's a guide here: http://www.gp2xwiz.co.uk/wiki/Creating_A_Shortcut_In_The_Wiz_Games_Menu
I usually resize my icons to 22x25 with paint (right click / edit / image / resize/skew)
Cheers, Neil

Neil L said:
There's a guide here: http://www.gp2xwiz.co.uk/wiki/Creating_A_Shortcut_In_The_Wiz_Games_Menu
I usually resize my icons to 22x25 with paint (right click / edit / image / resize/skew)
Cheers, Neil

Sweet cheers dude! Can you believe a postal strike is holding things up even more!!!

Back