[SOLVED] UAE4ALL problem starting a game

hmc

Hi guys,

I have a problem with UAE4ALL, which I couldn't find info about in the docs and on the forum...

First, with kick.rom version 3.1 nothing worked at all. So I reverted to kick.rom version 1.3, which seems to work better.

What I do now is:

Load a game (Giana Sisters in this case) into one diskette slot (or into all 4 diskette slots sometimes, doesn't make a difference).

Hit the "START" key on the fist diskette slot, which I assumed should start loading and running the game.

However, what I get is only a flickering part of an image in the lower area of the screen (see attached "screenshots").

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Daniel

DSC02394.jpg

DSC02396.jpg

Try setting number of drives to 1 and then press [R] to reset.

edit: Also your Kickstart rom could still be invalid. It has to be 512kB large.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks,

now it works!

Although I cannot see what I now do differently than before.

What I did not do before was saving the config for the game. Maybe that made the difference?

However, it works nicely now! Giana Sisters experience is great. Much better graphics than on the C64, but C64's GS music is more appealing for some reason ;-)

Well, nostalgic reasons probably.

Daniel

Although I cannot see what I now do differently than before.

What I did not do before was saving the config for the game. Maybe that made the difference?
No, it must have been the number of drives. Some games just don't work with more than 2 drives enabled, some even allow only 1 drive to be activated. Note that changing the number of drives in the GUI only takes effect once you reset the emulated Amiga (by pressing [R] in the GUI).

thanks for the info!

I know much too little about those old home computers. :)

But it was real fun playing games back then. I don't like modern games at all.

Daniel

Back