[SOLVED] File manager & extracting files

sukhi2011

The file manager which is at the bottom left is giving problems it doesn't save and delete long files it just comes with error saying failed to copy (no space left on device) it does that everytime.

If i have zip file on my pandora can i extract it.

Last edited by a moderator:
These answers are very easily found by checking the tweaks thread, and using the forum search engine, respectively.

The issue with the file manager (an application called Thunar), is that deleting stuff simply moves the files to the trash, and the trash is on the NAND. Try right-clicking the offending items, holding down the Shift key (or the left shoulder button, which does the same thing), and then clicking "Delete" in the menu that popped up when you right-clicked, whilst still holding Shift. When a dialogue-box pops up to ask if you really want to delete the file (it does this to warn you that the deletion is permanent, and bypasses the trash), let go of Shift, and simply click "Ok".

As for your zip file issue, try double-clicking on the file. You'll get asked what program you want to use to open this type of file in the future - look for "Squeeze", and choose to use this. That's the built-in program for dealing with zip files, and some other compressed filetypes.

this is a rather overlooked problem though, that every time you delete something, it's uselessly writing to nand. another way of doing though is, hold down L&R triggers, start, and press del/backspace on keyboard to permanently delete, or just hold L/shift and press del/backspace to send to trash

These answers are very easily found by checking the tweaks thread, and using the forum search engine, respectively.

The issue with the file manager (an application called Thunar), is that deleting stuff simply moves the files to the trash, and the trash is on the NAND. Try right-clicking the offending items, holding down the Shift key (or the left shoulder button, which does the same thing), and then clicking "Delete" in the menu that popped up when you right-clicked, whilst still holding Shift. When a dialogue-box pops up to ask if you really want to delete the file (it does this to warn you that the deletion is permanent, and bypasses the trash), let go of Shift, and simply click "Ok".

I know how to delete the problem is when you trying to copy and delete large files about 100mb+ it comes with error and then it won't delete.

As for your zip file issue, try double-clicking on the file. You'll get asked what program you want to use to open this type of file in the future - look for "Squeeze", and choose to use this. That's the built-in program for dealing with zip files, and some other compressed filetypes.

Thanks for the extracting zipping program.

I know how to delete the problem is when you copy and delete over 100mb+ then it comes with error.

No problem. Glad to help. :)

I know how to delete the problem is when you copy and delete over 100mb+ then it comes with error.
The error won't happen if you delete in the fashion that I described, or follow the guide that GiraffeeDreams linked to.

The error comes up because your deleted item isn't really being deleted - it's just being moved to the trash-bin on the NAND.

No problem. Glad to help. :)

The error won't happen if you delete in the fashion that I described, or follow the guide that GiraffeeDreams linked to.

The error comes up because your deleted item isn't really being deleted - it's just being moved to the trash-bin on the NAND.
Yes you are right when i delete it gives message saying (no space left on device) that means it's using nand trash bin.

I used the options from thunat edit and followed instructions then once i did everything now i can delete bigger files.

Now my pandora is cool as my desktop computer copying and deleting files.

Awesome. Marked as solved!
grin.gif

Back