[SOLVED] Corrupted Sdhc Card

Lobo

While copying files in windows XP via card reader, the operation borked. Now Windows can't see my card.
I put it in Pandora and everything is still there, so I'm guessing something is corrupted and I can do some kind of linux version of Windows scandisk command to sort this out.

But what do I do? I was messing with fsck in a console window but I'm not a Linux user and can't get it to work.

Anyway care to help me out? I don't want to format if I can avoid it. The card is 16Gb and fat32.

[EDIT] Disregard: it was the damn card reader itself that died! Tried another card and it wouldn't read that one either, so tried another card reader and it worked.[/EDIT]

Whilst you got this sorted out, I figure that it's worth noting that for FAT32 you would use dosfsck instead. Make sure the card is unmounted, and then run sudo dosfsck (I'm assuming the Pandora has it - I will note that I haven't had cause to check, though, as I tend to manage my SD Cards on my main computer, which runs Xubuntu, and definitely has it). It will check it through, and if it's possible to fix it, it will offer up the options to do so.

Thanks for the tip Prometheus. Just tried that command in a terminal and it says its unrecognized, I guess its not included in the current firmware.

Back