[SOLVED] Caret Skipping Back While Typing

MistaGiggles

Still Fresh
Hi

For some reason the caret skips back while typing, mainly on the i l o p keys. The caret jumps back to the beggining of the line, anyone know what could be causing it?

thanks

I haven't heard of this before, but I do have a question, if I may (just to cover all bases :p): You don't happen to accidentally be hitting a direction on the d-pad, or the "A" action button, when this happens, do you? Up on the d-pad will cause this to happen, as will the "A" button.

I'm not touching the d-pad or the a button, but after trying a game I noticed it scrolling through menu items automatically. Is there a program that shows input status? such as showing which buttons are pressed and the values from he d-pad?

I'm afraid I don't know - I'll have to defer to someone more knowledgeable than I on that one.

Sounds like it's working perfectly to me ,ok try moving your Dpad like crazy ,all around in circle motions for 1 minute ,also press down your ABXY buttons hard ,to the floor man ! and press them rapidly like street fighter style for 1 minute ,then press and relese every key on the keymat quite firmly and look at your keys when your press them as it could be that one or more of these keys are being pressed down and are staying down/depressed and not releasing on their own.

i hope you fix this out ,it does sound like one or more keys are being pressed down so working all the buttons in could help.

paddy said:
Sounds like it's working perfectly to me ,ok try moving your Dpad like crazy ,all around in circle motions for 1 minute ,also press down your ABXY buttons hard ,to the floor man ! and press them rapidly like street fighter style for 1 minute ,then press and relese every key on the keymat quite firmly and look at your keys when your press them as it could be that one or more of these keys are being pressed down and are staying down/depressed and not releasing on their own.

i hope you fix this out ,it does sound like one or more keys are being pressed down so working all the buttons in could help.

That seems to have done it, spent 5 minutes pressing the buttons hard and quickly, and moving the nubs and dpad. And now I can't reproduce the effect :) thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back