--Solved-- Can't boot

SirisC

Recently my Pandora crashed; when I rebooted it, the loading screen would appear but when it finishes loading it goes to a blank screen with the text cursor blinking (i.e. a blinking underscore character) in the top left corner. At that point I can't do anything except reboot.

To fix this I've tried downloading the firmware image, but I got stuck on step 5. There was no option to boot from SD1 available. (I did extract the contents of the zip file to the root of the SD card.)

The files on the SD card are:

boot.scr

bootf.tgz

README.TXT

rootfs.img

rootfs.md5

Any suggestions on what to try next?

-----

There was a problem with the SD card. Even when only one partition existed, it appears to ubuntu (and I'm assuming the the boot manager on the pandora) that there are two partitions and only the second one can be mounted. I assume that only the first partition is searched for the boot.scr so using a different SD card fixed the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently my Pandora crashed; when I rebooted it, the loading screen would appear but when it finishes loading it goes to a blank screen with the text cursor blinking (i.e. a blinking underscore character) in the top left corner. At that point I can't do anything except reboot.

To fix this I've tried downloading the firmware image, but I got stuck on step 5. There was no option to boot from SD1 available. (I did extract the contents of the zip file to the root of the SD card.)

The files on the SD card are:

boot.scr

bootf.tgz

README.TXT

rootfs.img

rootfs.md5

Any suggestions on what to try next?

With the SD card in the left slot on the unit, did you hold the R trigger down as you inserted the battery/turned it on? Just making sure as it wasn't mentioned. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
With the SD card in the left slot on the unit, did you hold the R trigger down as you inserted the battery/turned it on? Just making sure as it wasn't mentioned. :p

Yes, the options I get are:

default boot

power off

USB serial prompt

serial prompt

Aaah finally someone who edits his original thread with a "solved" sticker. Thanks for that ;)

Back