Software to shrink/burn media files to disk..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
I've got a huge amount of media (not pron in case you're wondering) that I'd like to burn to disk.

I'm guessing that some dual layel DVD's would be the way to go, but is there any decent software I can use to shrink things down so I can burn multiple GB's worth to a single disk..? free would be preferable, but I don't mind paying if it's really good.

I tried this a while ago using some software (can't remember the name) that zipped things, but I could never get it to work properly.

Thanks.

Software for compressing things isn't hard to find (ark, fileroller etc) - are you looking for something specific to DVDs?

What operating system are you using?

Will you want to be able to read the DVDs using Windoze?

Software for compressing things isn't hard to find (ark, fileroller etc) - are you looking for something specific to DVDs?

What operating system are you using?

Will you want to be able to read the DVDs using Windoze?
No, not DVD specific

Win 7 Ultimate x64

Yes

Would it be possible to bundle your stuff up in a .zip file (7zip is a nice tool for that sort of thing) then save that file to a DVD-R?

I don't know much about the process of burning DVDs in windows :|

If the media files are already compressed (like mp3s, Xvids, h264 etc) they probably won't get much smaller using data compression - and you will have to unzip/extract them to make them playable again. If you really want them to be smaller your best bet would be to re-encode them at a lower bitrate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back