So When Are We Getting Carmageddon On The Gp?!?!

gamefan999 posted on Sep 15 2006 at 02:18 AM said:
I always wanted to like that game. Maybe it will be a better experience on the GP. I could never get past looking up the skirt on that billboard on the first turn before getting swarmed and killed.

Also could never figure out the purpose of that game anyway. Was it a race? A smash-up derby? An adventure? Always was confused by it. Perhaps it was too close in time to the whole Voodoo2 graphics debacle to ever truly earn its place in gaming history.

Sorry, not going to happen unless SCi release the IP. How do I know, well I worked with the Stainless guys for a few years, sadly I joined just after Carma2 and they made the mistake of not wanting to do the third.

Saying that, Carma on GP2X is not as a remote idea you may think. A couple of the Stainless guys now run a company doing mobile phone stuff and they working on the port of Carma on the Gizmondo (before it went tits up) I had a play on it! Ran very well.

So I could, if I wanted to get sue'd and get my friends in trouble percure an arm port of the code, would need a 3d back end. So, what am I saying, well if SCi (whoops sorry, Edios SCi now) wanted to they could put it out. So your best bet is to start a campain to either get the source released or the port finished for the GP2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
gamefan999 posted on Sep 15 2006 at 08:02 AM said:
What do you mean, What's my point? Can't you read? W-h-e-n a-r-e w-e g-e-t-t-i-n-g C-a-r-m-a-g-e-d-d-o-n- o-n t-h-e G-P ? Any more pointy and it would put your eye out.

Oh well, seems noone got the Geoffstechno reference, I guess I'll just let it go. Man this is one of the densest boards I know. I might cut myself on the razor wit around here, not.

Anyway, speaking of non-HW-accelerated 3D games from the '90's, Magic Carpet is waay a keeper, now that's a game I'd like to see ported. I guess I'll go mention it over in cool ideas and wishes where all the matter-of-fact people look for such things.
Yes sire, I will get right on that, i'll have the full game re-coded for the GP2X in one hour, i'll also include a halo 3 demo with full 3D xbox360 graphics. Remember, your the one asking the favor, if your told something like "Source is needed", then don't go calling them dense. Maybe you should try programming and porting things, its alot harder than you might think.

Koba posted on Sep 15 2006 at 08:52 PM said:
gamefan999 posted on Sep 15 2006 at 08:02 AM said:
What do you mean, What's my point? Can't you read? W-h-e-n a-r-e w-e g-e-t-t-i-n-g C-a-r-m-a-g-e-d-d-o-n- o-n t-h-e G-P ? Any more pointy and it would put your eye out.

Oh well, seems noone got the Geoffstechno reference, I guess I'll just let it go. Man this is one of the densest boards I know. I might cut myself on the razor wit around here, not.

Anyway, speaking of non-HW-accelerated 3D games from the '90's, Magic Carpet is waay a keeper, now that's a game I'd like to see ported. I guess I'll go mention it over in cool ideas and wishes where all the matter-of-fact people look for such things.
Yes sire, I will get right on that, i'll have the full game re-coded for the GP2X in one hour, i'll also include a halo 3 demo with full 3D xbox360 graphics. Remember, your the one asking the favor, if your told something like "Source is needed", then don't go calling them dense. Maybe you should try programming and porting things, its alot harder than you might think.
Gee, thanks! You're so accomodating.

Back