So Many Pandora Handheld For Sale

sebt3 said:
DaveC said:
The issue with the Pandora is mostly the lack of interest from devs for some reason.
May be the fact that a dev wont have any form of support / feedback from the users if he is not working on an emulator might help to understand.
I actualy play no Emulators onto the Pandora, at the Moment I'm surfing, playing Homebrwe games and ports and watching Warehouse 13. :D
I'm happy for every homebrew game that is made, even if it is not a genre I actualy play.

But yes, we need more Devs, I wonder why Notch didn't make anything for the Pandora, he has one, he loves indie, Homebrew and he has enough money to not care aboput profit. Instead, Mojang makes a mobile Minecraft for these Android Phones. At least this way A Minecraft Game without Java is made, this can only be an advantage.
The Pandora really need some more Killer Applications, Stuff like Super Geometry Dust or Frogatto etc... :) We still don't have an dedicated Tower Defense Game for the Pandora, I know everybody loves TD. Or a Cool Pinball Game or other things. We need more 3D Games and more Software that squeezes out every bit of the Hardware. ^^
But like I already sayed, we are on a good way, no reason to sell the Pandora. If people need just money, they should sell other things instead, Furniture, Bed, TV, PC... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
DaveC said:
The issue with the Pandora is mostly the lack of interest from devs for some reason.
May be the fact that a dev wont have any form of support / feedback from the users if he is not working on an emulator might help to understand.

Beside emulator is probably the hardest stuff to works with, so a dev have to works with "simpler" games before being able to touch the emu's code.
If he get no feedback while in his learning curve, there is a large chance he wont be motivated long enough to reach the skill level requiered to works on emu.

On the other side, the thing you would like to get in these emulator (a better UI) is a boring task for the highest profile here.

Finally I'ld like to point you that in the time-frame you've been here you could have become the best dev here, you just prefered playing emulator and saying the dev are like shit (you know those who have spend months in learning how to code efficiently so _you_ can play their "shitty" emulator).
Peeps like you are _the_ plague of the pandora
You lie.

I never said "dev are like shit" or "shitty emulators" so stop saying things I didn't. I know it is great to exaggerate to attempt to make a point but it is also bogus.

DaveC said:
Another reason is probably that development has pretty much dried up.

If it weren't for the PSX emu there would basically be no new improvements/releases on emulators.

The fact that there is still no good native GBA, PC engine, Amiga, etc (most are just ported fom the GP2X not using Pandora resolution or features and/or are stuttery Ginge wrapped versions) is pretty telling.

Did you never get mednafen (for PC engine) working? I recall you asking for help and then never hearing anything back from you. There is no stuttering and it supports network play and proper scaling to 4:3.

pder said:
DaveC said:
Another reason is probably that development has pretty much dried up.

If it weren't for the PSX emu there would basically be no new improvements/releases on emulators.

The fact that there is still no good native GBA, PC engine, Amiga, etc (most are just ported fom the GP2X not using Pandora resolution or features and/or are stuttery Ginge wrapped versions) is pretty telling.

Did you never get mednafen (for PC engine) working? I recall you asking for help and then never hearing anything back from you. There is no stuttering and it supports network play and proper scaling to 4:3.

Not to mention that Temper is out, and is looking to be a very promising emulator...

D.

Dunny said:
Not to mention that Temper is out, and is looking to be a very promising emulator...

D.

I did not know this. Could you provide a link?

pder said:
Dunny said:

I did not know this. Could you provide a link?

Still in Beta, but the binary can be found here:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/4621-temper-split-from-other-thread/

I'm finding that I read this forum a lot less than the official forums these days - there's loads of new stuff appearing that just doesn't get announced here.

D.

Back