Snk Vs Capcom Help With Gngeo2x

HungryWolf

Still Fresh
I have both GnGeo2x and NeoRage2x, and when I put the SVC zip file in the roms folder, it says that it knows I have it in NeoRage, however when I try to boot it up it doesn't work. It just freezes. According to the Wiki, it should work. The file name is svcplus.zip. I've searched for help, however the two other topics didn't help. Is the rom a bad dump?

Antidark has a pack on the net with ALL the working roms!!!!!!! SNK vs Capcom is one of them, it works just fine for me. H.G.

Over the years there have been so many dumps and redumps for the games for this system it's almost rediculous. I remember way back I hosted the release of Kof98...and my ISP dropped me! They said over 5GB had been downloaded in a matter of hours. Amazing since the rom was only like 18MB or something of that sort! :) Don't know why I thought of that just now....just kind of funny.

Alright, thanks guys. I'll try to get another one then.

orr... you could try renaming the files in the zip file to match those found in the romrc file. so when it says svc-s1.rom or whatever in the zip, the romrc file might say 203_s1.rom. so you would change each filename in the zip file to be the same as those in the romrc file.

when it freezes on trying to boot, it's usually that the filenames are wrong. corrupted graphics and weird behaviour suggest a bad rom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I got a supposedly working one, however when I tried it it didn't work. It had the svc-s1.rom names, so I changed them all to 203_s1.rom type names, however it still won't boot and just freezes when I try to load it.

Oh well.

Same here. I have tested about half a dozen different dumps. This is rediculous. Can anyone supply a clrmame datfile so we can audit for correct sets?

Well I got a supposedly working one, however when I tried it it didn't work. It had the svc-s1.rom names, so I changed them all to 203_s1.rom type names, however it still won't boot and just freezes when I try to load it.

Oh well.

i'll try and get it to work and see what i can do..

i'll try and get it to work and see what i can do..

sorry for double post, but i finally got it to work! how satisfying.

the most likely cause is this: first, open romrc in the gngeo folder (using programmer's notebook or a similar program; notepad sometimes saves it as a file linux isnt happy with). then, press ctrl+f (usually the shortcut for "find") and find "snk", with "svcplus" somewhere in the title. this is the rom entry for snk vs capcom..

now, if you look carefully, you will see some of the files are listed as svc_s1.rom, for example, and others are svc-p1.rom. some use underscores and others use hyphens - so change all the underscores to hyphens or vice versa. now save this romrc file, and copy and paste it to a folder.

now get the latest dumpgfx program (there is a link in the new gngeo topic in News) and copy and paste the romrc file you edited to this same folder as you put the dumpgfx program. (if possible, and using windows xp, put them in the folder c:\documents and settings\<your username in windows xp> if you don't know what you're doing..). now put svcplus.zip in this same folder (it should be about 40mb).

NOW, go to start, "run" and type in "cmd" without quotes. a DOS prompt will appear. type "dumpgfx svcplus.zip", again without quotes, and wait a while, then an "svcplus.gfx" file will appear in that folder. copy and paste this svcplus.gfx file into your roms directory, and there you go.. enjoy. you may want to turn off sound and overclock, as it's quite hefty.
---
sorry that was so long. i wanted to make sure everyone knew what they were doing. of course, you could edit the filenames of the zip file instead of the romrc, and zip them back up if you don't want to edit the romrc file, but i'm too lazy for that :p

Back