Snes9xgp Saving Issues. Os9xgp Scrambled

gurnie

Still Fresh
Hello everyone
I have both Snes9xgp and OS9xgp on my gp32. I seem to be having issues

snes9xgp (downloaded below, i downloaded 160 mhz version which works well on my blu) seems to have an issue with me saving (like if i am playing Zelda3 or earthbound). I will use the save that is in the game. if i return to the menu i am able to pull up to that same saved area... but if i turn off the gp32 and then turn it back on and go to play the game, it doesn't show that i have progressed. I was able to saved correctly once but i have no idea what I did. Does anyone know how to save on linear games with long story lines?

http://www.gp32world.co.uk/modules.php?op=...sdownload&sid=3

edit: wow a new annoying thing... my saved game was erased... grrr
ps what does writing to the sram do anyways?

Also with OS9xgp there seems to be some weird buggy glitch at the top of the screen. It's three lines of garble that covers a good cm of the screen (cutting off what is going on). Is this apart of the program?

If i have faulty versions of games can someone direct me to a good download link?

And is it true that Yo-Yo is working on the snes9xgp emulator?

thanks for all your help

Also with OS9xgp there seems to be some weird buggy glitch at the top of the screen. It's three lines of garble that covers a good cm of the screen (cutting off what is going on). Is this apart of the program?

That would be the BLU+ problem. I trust your GP is a brand new one?
I think there's a pinned topic on "faulty" BLU's in general...

Last edited by a moderator:
to tell you the truth i am not sure if mine is a blu plus. it just says blu on the box, but my dad bought it on christmas eve of 2004, i think the blue was being sold around then. when using SNES9xgp i can overclock to 160, 166 seems to freeze up. Does it sound like i have a blue plus? He ordered it off of link-sang

First of all, its blu (back light unit), not blue.

And its very likely for you to have a blu+.
You will not read blu+ on the package of your blu, because this name was given to it by the community.
Gamepark used a new type of screen, but I`m sure you can read this in the pinned topic...

to tell you the truth i am not sure if mine is a blu plus. it just says blu on the box, but my dad bought it on christmas eve of 2004, i think the blue was being sold around then. when using SNES9xgp i can overclock to 160, 166 seems to freeze up. Does it sound like i have a blue plus? He ordered it off of link-sang
do you have with some homebrew programs that you see white bars on your screen?
Then youll have a blu+

just in os9xgp i have the scramble. Snesxgp works pretty good, i'm just having trouble saving. does anyone have any pointers for that?

well i downloaded DrM and it had the white bar and i switched the screen and it went back to being normal. So looks like i have a blu +

And so i am to assume that currently there is no fix for OS9xgp and now that Yo-Yo is back working on gp32 prjects such as snes, there might be an update withen the next a few months

But concerning Snes9xgp, has anyone had this saving issue? any ideas on how to solve it?

First of all, its blu (back light unit), not blue.

it was a typo, you don't have to be so snotty

I doesn`t want to be snotty (whatever that is), just because you mistyped it several times, I thought you got it wrong.
If I sounded "snotty", sorry, my english isn`t perfect, since it isn`t my mother-language, so what you interprete into some of my words isn`t what I`m trying to say... (most of the time, at least :D )

No problems, it's hard to tell on the net if someone is trying to be mean or not. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

ah here's the answear to snes9xgp if anyone it looking for it

Saving in Snes9xGP works like this:

You have to have saved within the game itself, then choose "Save to SRAM" from the menu (or "Exit to Menu with Save."). This creates a SRM file on the memory card. The next time you play the game, the save point will be available.

This differs from 'Save State' style saves, like the one in LittleJohn.

For example, if you're playing Super Mario, you have to get to the first time your game is saved (hitting that big exclamation point button). The game will tell you that your progress has been saved. Now you can "Save to SRAM," quit the game, and return to that point.

I figured this out last night and have been playing Chrono Trigger at 166Mhz in Snes9xGP In Chrono Trigger you can save your progress anywhere in the world map (don't forget to save within the Snes9xGP menu as well, though).

Cheers,
Zoink.

---------------------------------

I will test it and see if it works

well i downloaded DrM and it had the white bar and i switched the screen and it went back to being normal. So looks like i have a blu +

And so i am to assume that currently there is no fix for OS9xgp and now that Yo-Yo is back working on gp32 prjects such as snes, there might be an update withen the next a few months

But concerning Snes9xgp, has anyone had this saving issue? any ideas on how to solve it?

You are better off with DrMD anyway. The SNES emu doesn't work very good with sound because it is too slow, so it isn't used much anymore.

Well, I wouldn't say that... I still use it to play Donkey Kong Country sometimes ;) (menu is slow, in-game is fine, except you have to use the transparency hack sometimes)

Still, DrMD is undoubtedly faster with sound. Try playing "Mickey Mania" or "Ristar" on it, and you'll see what I mean.

Well, I wouldn't say that... I still use it to play Donkey Kong Country sometimes ;) (menu is slow, in-game is fine, except you have to use the transparency hack sometimes)

Still, DrMD is undoubtedly faster with sound. Try playing "Mickey Mania" or "Ristar" on it, and you'll see what I mean.

Graphically, Mickey Mania is one of the "show-of" games on GP32... So bright and nice.

Well i don't mind playing without sound at the moment. I've been using my gp32 between classes and i usually don't want the sound blasted. ANd i'll be using my gp32 for traveling mostly (on a plane) so i don't want to annoy people (i know you're going to say use headphones but read further.) Besides i can watch the inflight movie AND play snes at the same time :D

what is this transparency hack?

I still seem to be having some saving issues on SNES9xgp, i can save fine zelda 3 with the instructions i posted earlier, but earthbound seems a bit quacky. any suggestions?

Back