Snes9X Graphical Problem

MagSe7en

Still Fresh
When I choose a rom in the SNES9x emulator, it runs and the game starts but the graphics are completely messed up. I tried a few different roms, and they all have the same problem. Also the same roms work fine on the PC.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

There aren't any config options in the SNES9x and as far as I know the roms don't need to go in a specific location.

Any help would be appreciated.

what do you mean by 'messed up'? Some games show slight signs of tearing (where the bottom half of the screen has to catch up with the top half) and this issue is known about, but what exactly is happening with your graphics?

I'm not sure how to properly describe it. Here's what the Super Mario RPG menu looks like:

DSC01287.jpg

I tried several different games and all of them show the same kind of graphics problem.

not sure... that rom works fine for me.
Did you try redownloading the emulator?
How high is your clockspeed?

I did download the emulator again, but still got the same problem. I have tried to run games as smc and zip and either way the game loads, the sound works but the graphics are messed up like the photo above.

The clock speed has been on the default 500.

I have tried other emulators on the Pandora and they work fine.

I just downloaded a couple of snes roms from pdroms and they work perfectly. So problem solved I suppose.

Though it is strange the roms I used don't work, since they work fine on both PC and PSP snes emulators.

Thanks for the help people.

Different emulators (and versions) will do different things to different ROMs, even if they are all based on snes9x. Super Mario RPG is a particularly finicky game, too.

Back