snes roms

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensible GP32

anyone know where to get good snes roms?

www.cherryroms.com is good but the best games for it are idsa protected.

so i ask does anybody know of a better site?
:ph34r:

You should know not to ask by now.
Go to Google and search. There are many places...

hmm, i forgot where i went. *thinks* well, you could use something like edonkey or emule(*my preference) to download the whole set of roms. (its over 2 gigs but there are like 3000 roms) I have never done this before, mostly because the downloads are huge.

And it is abandonware. Unless the games were made during 1998 - 2003. anything over 5 years old is abandonware.
that is horseshit!

you know they are as illegal as every other. unless the copyright holder has relinquished control then it is illegal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, sorry to interrupt your conversation :D

By law its only illegal if you sell the roms, but you must delete roms after 24 hours of use. Unless you own the original game.

most of the snes roms are still being used by the gba but enhanced versions, thats why the likes of super mario kart etc has been taken off cherryroms.

But also isnt illegal and against the law to record of bbc one and the radio.

It's really strange how tenacious this false information sticks to people's minds.
That 5 year thing is of course complete bullshit.

Abandonware means, as the name implies, that the developer has _abandoned_
his software, not that it was taken from him in any way, because some time span was up.
Abandoned basically means that it's not sold anymore. But even if it's not sold
anymore, it's still illegal to copy this software unless you own an original.

A software product is by no means different from any other intellectual work. There
are basically the same intellectual property rights applying to it, like to music or
books or whatever.

In short Abandonware is a moral categorization rom users use and NOT a legal one.
Its like saying you haven't used your NES in 5 years so its ok if I come round a nick it :rolleyes:

this is all geting very in-depth but.

i still need some websites.

:D

thousands and thousands of games have been released through the years and a hell of alot of them would have never been played ever again unless it was for abandonware.

so rom sharing on dated systems is fine by me

Yeah, but this ain't really the place to ask for them... Check around; there are lots of places to download the things; not least IRC, Kazaa, and eMule.

I was wandering this too. I use Kazaa Lite. Im on a dialup modem so things ar pretty slow, but soon I will be on Broadband (Roll on September!).... so what is the difference between Kazaa and eMule/eDonkey??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back