Snes And Nes Rereleased !

douglasamcintosh

Still Fresh
Website
devicesanddesires.wordpress.com
I have to admit I am quite tempted if I can get on in the UK cheap enough. Cheaper than getting and xbox modded.

NEO FC X2 game console

SPEC:
* Support FC and SFC(SNES) on one console
* Use SFC joypad to control FC games
* Have NTSC and Pal-B 2 system can be choose
* Have 110V and 220V 2 AC adapter can be choose

Seems to be an updated version of this beastie:

FC Twin Video Game System

The FC Twin Video Game System has separate circuitry and card slots for both hardware NES and Super Nintendo Entertainment System, allowing it to play games for both consoles. It features a single-pole, double-throw power switch with open position; the switch can be thrown to 8-Bit (NES) or 16-Bit (SNES), or opened to Off. (from Wikipedia)

Yeah, but the XBox lets me keep all my games on the hard drive, and it's got emulators for more than just SNES and NES. ;)

That said, this looks neat and I'd like to know more. The Wikipedia article didn't have a ton of details about this thing, so I'm wondering if it's just a NOAC and a SNOAC (I don't know if there are any SNOAC) type setup, or if it's actually replicating some/all of the hardware of either console.

They're all over the place around here and selling steadily... People that buy them generally seem pleased with their performance, from what I've heard... I've been tempted to grab one myself (they are cheap - about $50CDN), but I don't have room for another console in the house right now...

I would probably buy one if I owned any original carts.
I was never lucky enough to own a SNES or NES as a child :(

Looks like a usual NOAC/SNOAC type clone, but quite a well made one. Compatibility is normally pretty good, but there's always a few games that they can never play (Castlevania 3 for the NES comes to mind - having said that, there are emulators that still struggle with it too!), and the colours/sounds are usually wrong when compared to the original hardware. Most people don't notice though.

sand_man said:
I would probably buy one if I owned any original carts.
I was never lucky enough to own a SNES or NES as a child :(
eBay is your friend :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the FC X2 one that looks best. After all it has Pal output. There again I could get a cradle for the GP2X and a USB pad. Or possible eventually get a chipped xbox for a wide selection of emulators ...

Come to think of it. NTSC games on the GP2X, with TV out do they play fine on a Pal TV ?

I don't see the point. If you're retro enough to collect the carts, you probably have real consoles and wouldn't wanna use a cheap replica. But hey, ig you're not really a collector, and you have heaps of old NES and SNES games gathering dust in the attic. You're old systems are dead, this is probably cheaper than competiting with retro collectors on ebay.

Good point. I don't actually have a SNES or NES for that matter. (Have a 3do, megadrive, saturn, jaguar, master system, ps2 (for ps 1 games) and a N64) but not a SNES. I do enjoy collecting but am not obsessive about it. The nice thing about good retro games is that many of them sold well and are therefore quite cheap, apart from Panzer Dragoon Saga !

Must go baby awake.

Back