SMC

paradin

Still Fresh
Just a quick question. Does anyone know what the max SMC size the gp32 can take? thank you

The GP32 uses 3.3v SMCs. THe biggest SMC that works for the gp32 is a 128mb SMC, but people have said that they found a 256mb SMC that is 3.3v and that it worked on the GP32.

Have a look at Samsung's site, they see Smartmedia gone from the market by 2006.

The note down the bottom is interesting: "SMC will continue to decline as a form factor, due to lack of security features..." namely, Big Brother can't control what you do with it :angry:

I may be wrong, but I think that the reported sighting of a 256MB, 3.3V card was a mistake/hoax. And I'm definitely not holding my breath for any to be released :(

I had never used Flash or Smart media until i i bought my GP. I think it would an insane idead to stop producing. Just look at the thing, 4 of them roughly make you the size of a gsmeboy cartrige and on 10x more data and you can put whats stuff YOU want on it. Ok fair enough you can get those USB memory stick thing (not sure what the proper name is), that go on a keyring and i've heard they can hold more data, but what would you rather have 4 flat things that can fit in your wallet or 4 keyrings, which you would be completley buggered is you lost your keys.

Anyway sorry for the ranting on and thank for trying answer my question. :)

Back