GP32 Smc Speed ?

M-.-n

Website
discodirt.10pm.org
Hi there..; looking again for clues in the new world of the GP32...

It seems that when I write to the SMC, it is for awfully slow some people . Using Mr. Mirko's SMC equivalent to fopen, fwrite, fclose... it takes up to 16 seconds to write about 15k. Mine does it in about two seconds (still pretty slow but acceptable) but for others, even using large allocation units, it takes a while...

I've put some tracing code and the fopen/fwrite happens fast but it is during the fclose that it locks.

Is it related to the SDK ? What should I do to circumvent this ?

I guess this must have been covered already but searching the forums for SMC does not work..

Thanks again for this amazing community, your help is priceless !

for writing to the smc, you should use the gpsdk, as it's much faster than mirko's, which is just a rip of the samsung smc example code.

I think someone is rewriting all the smc access routines though, so we may get something a lot quicker than the original sdk.

Squidge posted on Jul 9 2005 at 06:25 PM said:
for writing to the smc, you should use the gpsdk, as it's much faster than mirko's, which is just a rip of the samsung smc example code.

I think someone is rewriting all the smc access routines though, so we may get something a lot quicker than the original sdk.

Can I *mix* the sdk's ?

Last edited by a moderator:
sure, take out the file access routines (and other colliding routines - there's not many) and then just make up a new lib and go back to gpsdk. or, don't bother creating a new lib, and just link with the relevent object code.

Squidge posted on Jul 9 2005 at 10:08 PM said:
sure, take out the file access routines (and other colliding routines - there's not many) and then just make up a new lib and go back to gpsdk. or, don't bother creating a new lib, and just link with the relevent object code.

Ok.. I'll give it a try. I actually NEVER downloaded the original SDK. Thanks

M-.-n posted on Jul 9 2005 at 09:43 PM said:
Squidge posted on Jul 9 2005 at 10:08 PM said:

Ok.. I'll give it a try. I actually NEVER downloaded the original SDK. Thanks

Take a look at my website, you could find something useful if yoou want to use the oficial GamePark SDK.
http://www.nekanium.com/gp32

By the way, be warned that GPSDK don't seems to be compatible with C++ using GCC.

Oankali

M-.-n posted on Jul 9 2005 at 02:39 PM said:
Hi there..; looking again for clues in the new world of the GP32...

It seems that when I write to the SMC, it is for awfully slow some people . Using Mr. Mirko's SMC equivalent to fopen, fwrite, fclose... it takes up to 16 seconds to write about 15k. Mine does it in about two seconds (still pretty slow but acceptable) but for others, even using large allocation units, it takes a while...

I've put some tracing code and the fopen/fwrite happens fast but it is during the fclose that it locks.

Is it related to the SDK ? What should I do to circumvent this ?

I guess this must have been covered already but searching the forums for SMC does not work..

Thanks again for this amazing community, your help is priceless !

There is a bug in the SMC code somethere, i think its a timer waiting too long. But i dont have the time to solve it.

cheers, Mirko

Back