SMC questions?

tix

Still Fresh
2 silly questions ! :(

1. Is there a way to see how much free space I have in my SMC ???

2. When I Format a new card do I have to register it again ???

Thanks in advance !!!

Me finks GPFM shows the free space in the top right hand corner of the LCD. The Game Park PC link software shows it in the bottom right hand of the status bar... and that seems to be the application in use when I'm worried about free space.

As for formatting the SMC, I don't *think* you need to re-register, but i haven't need to format yet so don't know for sure.

You don't have to re-register when reformatting your SMC. All downloaded crypted software is crypted to your GP32, not your SMC. So it works on all SMC's, but only on one GP32.

Only commercial software bought on SMC is crypted with the card number and can only run from that card. Even this number does not change when you reformat the card.

Another way: PCLink software, select "GP32 Specific > MP3 Basket" there is a box on the bottom middle right that shows this info.

Of course, you can also right-click on the drive in windows and select properties, if you are using a card reader.... :D

Ade.

So I just format the SMC, install the free launcher and I'm ready ???????

Or if you have a SMC drive on you pc you just need to backup the GAME folder thats in the root format the disc and copy the GAME folder back into the root again ......There you have it a clean disc with just the free launcher :) :)

Back