Smartmedia Adapter For Xd-picture Card?

Yes theres been lots of threads about it. I dont mind :D but i know when other people get up they will just moan about it. Just thought i shoudl warn you ;)

Oooo, everybody, sneak peak at Gameparknewbie's GP32 FAQ:

...But I found this SMC-SD adapter--I'm a GENIUS!
Not so fast, spunky. As it turns out, the GP32 was designed in a way that only allowed it to see up to 128MB on any card inserted in it. So if you layed down big bucks for a 1G SD card, save it for the two new consoles because the GP32 would only see it as a 128MB card (if it saw it at all...). Gomwing (creator of gpCinema) claimed to have made a way to use large SD cards on the GP32, but nothing has been heard since the initial claim was made.

xd adapters are no different. ;)

I was aware of the 128mb limit, and assumed the same carried over (if it was even possible) to other media formats, including the kind I have laying around.

The local SmartMedia population seems to be dwindling, going the way of the vinyl record, and I was hoping for alternatives that would satisfy my need for instant gratification. Seems the less clunky solution would be to just order SM cards online or pay seemingly astronomical prices for them locally.

horn posted on Aug 9 2005 at 09:25 AM said:
The local SmartMedia population seems to be dwindling, going the way of the vinyl record, and I was hoping for alternatives that would satisfy my need for instant gratification. Seems the less clunky solution would be to just order SM cards online or pay seemingly astronomical prices for them locally.
Definitely buy them online. Prices for SMCs are insane in stores.

And thanks for letting me know that they DO work. I'll update the FAQ. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it work with any GP32 BIOS and will it will with XD bigger then 128MB? has any one personally tested this or is this smoke and mirrors?

It might work with bigger cards, but only the first 128 MB would be accessible...

Whatever happened to those SD-card mods? Gomwyng, was it, was doing one... And I think... Was it Squidge... But his GP was fried, so... :ph34r:

Back