Smaller, Cheaper, Faster than the Pandora

Yeah, sorry, this is just not in the same ballpark. Both are small computers, but Pandora is a portable gaming device, and Raspberrypi is meant to plug into a full screen and keyboard. There's no way I could pull a Raspberrypi out of my pocket and start gaming in the break room at work.

Pandora still has no true competition.

Raspberrypi for only £15. No doubt there'll be a queue and a Two MonthTM wait, and I also doubt if they've factored in working with the Chinese yet. :p

smaller yes, cheaper yes, faster no, different architecture, so you can't start comparing apples to oranges (or armv7/arm11 in this case)
smaller yes? Well, having in acount that doesn't have battery, nor keyboard, nor screen... yes, smaller :rolleyes:

Raspberrypi for only £15. No doubt there'll be a queue and a Two MonthTM wait, and I also doubt if they've factored in working with the Chinese yet. :p

smaller yes, cheaper yes, faster no, different architecture, so you can't start comparing apples to oranges (or armv7/arm11 in this case)
smaller yes? Well, having in acount that doesn't have battery, nor keyboard, nor screen... yes, smaller :rolleyes:

Good point :rolleyes:

I'm not as skeptical about it being released in a timely fashion as I am that it'll actually cost £15. Not a total longshot but I have my doubts.

It won't beat a Pandora in raw power, but it will probably beat a Caanoo.

exactly, we must use our brains to control the thing

it's not broken, it's advanced :D

Don't you mean deducktive reasoning?

5208221285_32254de7c4.jpg

BURN HER!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd just like to add that I've met John Cleese B) .

Relevance: Raspberry Pi and Pandora are completely different. PSP vs Macbook?

Relevance: Raspberry Pi and Pandora are completely different. PSP vs Macbook?
Not even that, really. :p

Raspberry Pi is a charity, and their device is meant primarily for the education sector in both the developed and developing world. Unless they do also make it commercial to subsidise the ones given out at no cost to their recipients, I suspect that comparing it to a commercial product, such as the Pandora, or even such as devices based on similar guts to the Raspberry Pi computer, is probably a bit of a stretch.

ARM11 is ARM6 with more instructions and improved pipelining. Raspberry Pi is indeed faster than the Pandora.

Edit: Oops, sorry the Pandora runs ARM7 not ARM6! But shouldn't a later architecture like ARM11 have better performance than an older one like ARM7 anyways? Benchmarks would probably show this.

Last edited by a moderator:
ARM11 is ARM6 with more instructions and improved pipelining. Raspberry Pi is indeed faster than the Pandora.

Edit: Oops, sorry the Pandora runs ARM7 not ARM6! But shouldn't a later architecture like ARM11 have better performance than an older one like ARM7 anyways? Benchmarks would probably show this.

armv7 :p

it's probably debatable, but the armv7 is being used mainly for mobile things for a reason, all depends on teh specific core though, as arm is just an instruction set

Back