Sleep Is Death

linc186

Still Fresh
So, I stumbled across this really cool game called sleep is death. It's open source, and I'd really love for this to be ported. Check it out:
http://sleepisdeath.net/

I say it should be possible. The system requirements mention OpenGL (although most of his other games are pure SDL), so some conversion to ES might be required, but I doubt that will be very complicated.
Incidentally I just ported one of his other games "Passage", you can download it here: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=passage.foxblock

I would attempt to port Sleep is Death, too, but sadly I don't own it and therefore don't have access to the necessary files (and while the game certainly looks very interesting, I don't think it's my type of game and therefore I have no plan to purchase it in the near future).

I definitely think it's worth checking out. It only costs $1.75, and, it's two for one! So it is a great deal.

IMO: someone should contact the author and ask if he's interested in a pandora port. and everyone interested should actually *buy* the game for the pandora then.

linc186 said:
I definitely think it's worth checking out. It only costs $1.75, and, it's two for one! So it is a great deal.
No it's not just $1.75, that's just the minimum amount of money to cover transaction fees, you can pay as much as you want and by the default amount in the input box I assume the original price was $17.
Personally I would not feel good about spending just so little on that game (and currently I don't have the time, money and interest to spend more), so I won't.

crow_riot said:
IMO: someone should contact the author and ask if he's interested in a pandora port. and everyone interested should actually *buy* the game for the pandora then.

Yes, as it's a commercial game asking for permission probably is the way to go and obviously everyone interested in the game should buy it (if you pirate an indie game you are a bad person).
Eventually one could still upload it to the repo, but the PND would just contain the binary and libraries and the user would have to put the data files (from the Windows build) in an appdata folder (like it has been done before).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back