Slashdot

That'll depend on when Dignsys/Magiceyes decides, I imagine. They'd rather keep us in the dark on how the video decoding hardware works and charge a fortune for any variety of support.

DignSys doesn't decide anything. They have been dumped before FW2.0.0

The team that developed FW2.0.0 is a new one.

And I think MPlayer Source code hasn't been released yet because GPH doesn't have it.

The top priority of the new hired team was to create a new, better Firmware (which was 2.0.0, they developed on it for about 1,5 months, and it is WAY better than the firmwares DignSys created....

So, to release the source, the new team has to report it completely and manage to get it working with the video hardware... and they're currently working on that.

this realy depends on what part of the source we get, if we get the source of the kernel module that acces the hardware decoder one will be able to get way more codecs working.
Also some of the accerlator fetures may even be usefull to speed up other applications.

All of this makes me extastically happy. Which is pretty much the norm for me, granted, but I'm going to love seeing what happens after GPH releases the source.

Back