Sierra / Dynamix

YAY! FREESCI! Jones in the Fast Lane works with Glutton, now.

On the dynamix games front, did you know Willy Beamish, Rise of the Dragon, et al were released on Sega Cd? I suspect this may be easier than some alternatives to playing it on the gp2x.

See here for more info (Rise of the Dragon example on mobygames).

Allan.

Muncher666 posted on Feb 10 2006 at 04:46 PM said:
YAY! FREESCI! Jones in the Fast Lane works with Glutton, now.

On the dynamix games front, did you know Willy Beamish, Rise of the Dragon, et al were released on Sega Cd? I suspect this may be easier than some alternatives to playing it on the gp2x.

See here for more info (Rise of the Dragon example on mobygames).

Allan.

Both games and probably more were released for the Amiga (Cue uae4all for GP2x).

Rise of the Dragon

Adventures of Willy Beamish

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Silberstein posted on Feb 8 2006 at 06:41 PM said:
cbox posted on Feb 6 2006 at 07:21 AM said:
Where can one download this port of ScummVM? the other one had bugs if I remember right.

I have the exact same question. I've tried NK's port but the sound lagges like mad. Maby DjWillis's port is prefereble even though it is in an early state?
Yes it is. Check the beta forums.

Wow! If someone would like to fix up Sarien, that'd be jolly good! I am totally shocked, I have no idea those games came out on the Sega CD, which is something an old school adventure game nerd like me should have known!

The question is, which versions, Amiga or SegaCD, do you think are superior. I am not sure I remember correctly, but the first Amigas used a tv as a monitor, so the resolution should be the same?

-------------Edited Below--------------------------

Immediately after posting I checked, and the SegaCD version is definately lower quality (visual wise) than the original DOS Version (VGA, not EGA). There were no amiga screenshots to compare, but I will assume the Amiga had VGA quality output, it should be on par with the DOS version.

there really wasn't anything else on PC that looked like Adventures of Willy Beamish when it came out - it was also the first CD-ROM game i purchased. i'd like to see a high-res update, so it looks completely cel-animation/cartoon-like.

thelamer posted on May 4 2006 at 11:54 PM said:
I know you were joking , but serian would be a cool port for one simple reason . The adventures of willy beamish . I think it would require a keyboard though .

Willy Beamish isn't AGI (as I believe Sarien is an interpreter for) or SCI (FreeSCI). Besides, FreeSCI can only at the mo' handle early SCI games properly, it's a little light on the ground for graphically advanced ones.

Allan.

Back