Settings And Menu

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
What do the system settings actually do? Autorun and Effect?

Also, when selecting photo, e book, music, video, is there meant to be a application or is it meant to go to sd/movie etc?

System Settings in the F-200:

- Auto Run: When you turn on your GP2X, if you have an autorun.gpu in the root directory of your SD card, it will be automatically executed when you have this setting enabled.

- Effect: Is the transition effect used when navigating around the default GP2X menu. (Try it yourself to see the difference of each effect.)

- Language: Is the encoding used for the text in order to properly display characters (e.g. Shift-JIS for Japanese text, BIG5 for Chinese text).

- USB Host: Turn it on when you use the cradle and plug in USB peripherals (e.g. controllers, flash drives).

When you select Photo, E-book, Music, or Video, it takes you to the corresponding folder (e.g. Photo goes to sd/photo), and you then select what file to play or view before the application is launched.

Okay, just checking everything was in order, still trying to ascertain why it won't read an SD card. Where can I find this autorun.gpu thingy?!

Also, I don't see any Nand memory option, all I get is:

SD Games
Built in Games

Right?

yeah, nand is non accessible on F200

(well, Built-in games are on the NAND, but that's all the access you get, you cannot add or remove stuff)

As for the autorun, you just take whichever application you want (for most of us, that'd be gmenu2x.gpe) and rename it to autorun.gpu, that's all.

gpe/gpu files are actually shell scripts, so one could have a custom shell script that does this or that, and put it as it's autorun... think autoexec.bat

Back