Setting the CPU and PowerVR Demos

Aimless E

Still Fresh
I know theres a utility to set the cpu in xfce and I assume minimenu. But is there a cmdline version of the utility? I would like to set the cpu for each emulator/game in PEF and that would be a wonderful way to go about it.

I don't have my unit yet or I would probably know the answer already, but theres no harm in asking.

Also, is there a possibility to get a pnd of the PowerVR demos that the OP team showed us way back in 2008. I have always found those demos to be inspiring when I hit a wall in a project.

/usr/pandora/scripts/op_cpuspeed.sh <speed>

If you specify an "unsafe" (greater than 600) speed, it'll show a pop up warning you that you're attempting a potentially unsafe speed. You can keep the lawyers happy and just keep clicking OK every time you run it, or you can edit the script and make the "safe" speed 100000 or something.

/usr/pandora/scripts/op_cpuspeed.sh <speed>

If you specify an "unsafe" (greater than 600) speed, it'll show a pop up warning you that you're attempting a potentially unsafe speed. You can keep the lawyers happy and just keep clicking OK every time you run it, or you can edit the script and make the "safe" speed 100000 or something.

Great thanks. I'll probably create a similar script with a built in warning in the program.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like some pnd demos of what the powervr chip can do as well please!

You can install them with opkg. See the bollocks thread for a list of package names.

Back